Baylor Game Thread

I’m a little lost…did you mean in real life? If so, unfortunately Tony has changed his home, office and cell numbers and I’m no longer allowed within 5 miles of JPJ. He’s such a kidder.

5 Likes

I really wanted the end of this sentence to be “clapping his hands.”

5 Likes

He needs to put together a montage of him doing all his everyday activities – brushing his teeth, eating breakfast, driving to work – all while clapping his hands.

6 Likes

Laceless shoes for years now

Edit: one few flexible things I can still do is palms to the floor no knee bend ha

2 Likes

Look at the other still foto He is clapping in the back @dave92

4 Likes

6 Likes

:joy: That’s awesome. The man likes to clap and he doesn’t care who knows it. And I’m impressed by the palms to the floor…

5 Likes

JNILly?

6 Likes

I cant zoom in and it doesnt NOT look like him

2 Likes

Baylor -5
O/U 134

10 Likes

Love our guys but -5 is very generous of Vegas.

10 Likes

I personally agree, but tend to find Vegas knows better than most. I really am hoping for a well played, tightly contested game from the Hoos. Win or loss that would be nice

8 Likes

KenPom thinks Baylor wins by 1, which feels ludicrous.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s obvious we are going to win by 4

7 Likes

Think this is a really rough early season matchup for us, their super athletic guards shoot lights out from 3 and their no-middle pressure defense is consistently one of the most disruptive in the country.

Hoos by 30.

9 Likes

What is no middle pressure defense? Just fan out to the 3 and give you the middle?

1 Like

Pretty much. They’re gonna ice ball screens past the perimeter and force you baseline, then trap you in that corner and zone up to try and force a turnover. Same defensive philosophies as Chris Beard and Mark Adams but with a few tweaks.

This hoopvision68 video explains it with more detail than I ever could. Baylor no-middle

5 Likes

Got it. I remember someone saying was like the TTU D we played against in Minny. Sounds a lot like what Dean Smith ran lotta years ago… they always made the corner so enticing and then locked everything down

Probably has some things borrowed from Smith. To be fair though I’m pretty sure El Deanno invented like 75% of the defenses that are commonly ran today lol.

3 Likes

Facts

2 Likes