đŸș Beer Fanatics Only

Amen. All finishers automatic bid

7 Likes

Oh man, waiting for the flight so I hit up the Goose Island brewery for lunch. Got the Bourbon County Stout at the source. This stuff is my favorite m, it’s so good. Aged in bourbon barrels and we get a limited amount in AZ each year so I usually get a bottle. But this is quality sipping beer.

6 Likes

Also, saw some dude at the aquarium with my daughter today and said Wahoowa as he was wearing a UVA jacket. No response. Older gent, maybe didn’t hear me, but was happy to see UVA representing in downtown Chicago.

6 Likes

To be fair to the guy that happens to me all the time A. Surprise B. I dont realise I am always wearing Virginia gear ha

3 Likes

Chicago? Clearly a homeless dude.

3 Likes

Sorry for the tardy reply. Been soooo busy these last few days here in Sicily.

Fresh gives me too much credit. My brother has repeatedly pressed me to “pace” him for a quarter of an ultra marathon, which would be 25 miles at altitude on the trail. But I’ve never done that.

Congrats to @HooRick! Definitely a well-earned Goose Island.

4 Likes

Yeah, has happened to me more than once. I get the Wahoowa walking across a crowded intersection, and this is basically my reaction:

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

And then a moment later I get it, but even worse than Keanu face, would be accosting random folks down the block to tell them you understand the reference, and would they care to debate MPG allocations for UVa hoops in 2021-22?

7 Likes

Could be a diehard Dave Leito supporter.

6 Likes

Same thing as a homeless person.

5 Likes

What’s the proper reaction to a “Wahoowa”?

• Only “Go Hoos”, just like the proper response to “Go Hoos” is “Wahoowa”
  • It doesn’t matter, I don’t believe in rules, a moral code, or really any standard of behavior for myself or anyone else

0 voters

2 Likes

I usually say “do you remember Doug Smith? Nevermind Go Hoos!”

7 Likes

Now I want a man on the street video of Fresh on Grounds in a Fresh jersey talking to Virginia fans with that poster of the guys on the stairs.

4 Likes

Ah man spit my Peroni out on that one

Funny story at Final 4. Some dude runs up to Cory “wow its Cory Alexander, man can we get a picture”
?" Dude looks around and sees me “do you mind taking a foto of us?”

They get all set and as only CA can do “you know thats Doug Smith, right?”

4 Likes

Reminds me of the story (not sure if true), of the Dad trying to get random guy out of his kid’s pic with Matthew Broderick. Random guy being Jerry Seinfeld

6 Likes

Man do I love this! Bueller> than Seinfeld

Edit: who the F is Matt Broderick?

4 Likes

He was in that movie with the monkey

This is exactly what I usually say too

4 Likes

My man!

Edit: we should actually all try it for fun
 nevermind

2 Likes

Couple weeks ago I gave a mild “wahoowa” to a mom on the sidelines of 5yo soccer “game” and got a very confused look. “Your hat” I said.

“Oh, I went to Darden.”

Then we spent the next 15 minutes talking about how great it is that our 5 year olds’ soccer games are streamed in HD so we have plenty of tape to analyze.

9 Likes

Wow what a trip. Is this like a once in a decade/ Lifetime trip or just The Life of @CaptainThurman15 ?

2 Likes