Being Lit, Loud and More

I remember storming the court after that Wake win. I think I was in the court for maybe a minute before security started dispersing us, so it wasn’t even a good court storm. That and the FSU football games were the only times I’ve been on the playing surface of our teams.

2 Likes

Duke game in 2001 was a good atmosphere. One great thing about U Hall is it was set up for great court storming. Students were on the floor at both baselines so the court storm could happen quickly and converge from opposite sides of the court.

Slow court storms are kind of embarrassing like at Cassell where students have to lower themselves down a wall.

2 Likes

My most memorable were when Richard Morgan went off for 39 pts vs UNC in ‘89. Also beating #4 Duke in ‘90 - I think that’s when Coach K took them home and made them have a midnight practice that subsequently caused a rule change about practices after games.

Any game with Crotty vs Corchiani was fun. Crotty vs Hurley too.

2 Likes

I was in my second year of law school at . . . wait for it . . . UNC (I know, I know) when that game was played. I was in a weekend-long trial advocacy workshop, and we were working on opening statements. While I was listening to my classmates delivering (and getting critiqued on) their openings, my roommate, who was a 7-year Tar Heel and was watching the game in the lounge downstairs, kept popping into the doorway of my classroom and giving me score updates on a legal pad. I’ve only ever seen highlights of that game. Some of those long, pull-up 3’s Rich took on the break were wild.

1 Like

That first game in JPJ against Arizona was an awesome experience. One of the few highlights under Leitao. And the win over Arizona at UHall in 2004 in Gillen’s last year of coaching and my first year at UVA. Both big upsets at the time.

2 Likes

Having only been to JPJ a few times i too will have to go with the opening game against Arizona .Got way behind and Diane and Singletary with the bombs brought us back. Still got my t-shirt too,lol

1 Like