Best Backcourt in UVA History? Jr Reynolds Chimes in

We had JR Reynolds join the podcast and that brought up the question, Best Backcourt in UVa history?

Listen to JR here:

5 Likes

One word. NATTY

5 Likes

JR and SS take home the silver medal but ya know…

8 Likes

He knew something none of use did…

3 Likes

Jerome an Guy put all the pieces together and brought home a national title. Although I’d argue they were in a 3 man backcourt since Kihei ran point most of the season

3 Likes

Would concur with Jerome/Guy and put Jones/Lamp second. Singletary/Reynolds round out my top 3.

6 Likes

The argument against jerome/guy would be their defense… which is why kihei played as much as he did. no questioning the natty tho.

JR and Sean were tough on both sides of the ball…

London and malc people complained about speed…

2 Likes

This is a tough one. I think I gotta go Ty and Guy, but SS and JR were damn good too. People are sleeping on Cory n Curtis tho.

2 Likes

that gotts be top 5 best calls for you homey. Awesome

2 Likes

Thank you and you know mine. If we are able to go 3 on the rotation I put Deane in there with these two. Ty and Kyle close… Ty did a lot for Kyles game

3 Likes

You’re right the Cory Curtis combo is slept on. That team has a special place in my heart. Hell it was the Cory podcast that got me to LRA in the first place.

3 Likes

Alexander/Staples only played together a handful of games… But, Deane/Curtis was a great combo… good enough for an Elite 8 appearance.

3 Likes

Great point. Deane Curtis was a killer combo. I remember when Deane got reprimanded by his dad after celebrating with Curtis after hitting a 3 by blowing on his hands to cool them off.

3 Likes

Cory and Curtis only played together like 20 games. Deane and Courtney only 2 seasons. Deane and Curtis played together 3 seasons and they aren’t even an option? No 4 year starter Joe Harris??

This is a tough one. Ty/Guy had Kihei so are they really a 1&2? What about Brogdon/Harris if we’re allowed to ignore a freshman PG?

1. Ty & Guy (Natty over all)
  2. Brogdon / London (3 of our 6 best seasons ever)
  3. (tie) Singletary / Reynolds
  4. (tie) Jones / Lamp

HM: Stokes / Wilson, Deane / Staples

If I could pair Brogdon and Harris for 2014, I’d put them at #2.

7 Likes

Best 3 man backcourt has to be the 93 guys, right?

2 Likes

always my brother

1 Like

only it was a semi perfect 4 man rotation. I never started one game. but I could sub 3 spots. Corey, Cornell, and or Jay Willy. And we filled it all in there. I refused to even start my senior day game cause we wanted to win.

5 Likes

https://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-xpm-19930213-1993-02-13-9302130167-story.html

5 Likes

ha. thanks @JumboHoo. The real reason I didnt start my last game is because I wanted to win the way we played. I just talked some shit in the papers. Really cool reading this article again

5 Likes

just started reading stuff on this board…been a long time member of Rivals and the Sabre…saw your posts and was like cool this board has a former player posting… went and found that article… good stuff man…

9 Likes