Best Big not named Ralph?

I’m sure a bunch are left out…

2 Likes

Salt was snubbed

3 Likes

Olden Polynice. Marc Ivaroni may be the only UVA big man with a longer NBA career.

2 Likes

and Norman Nolan…

3 Likes

Mike Scott if for no other reason than his fifth yr. Dude was ridiculous with the baseline fader. Should’ve been accpoy, and was essentially the one to establish the program after a few years plagued by transfers and poor league play

4 Likes

As a Big Man I am considering center and taking Ted Jeffries. Big T started everygame at UVa his 4 years except for 2 where he let a 4th year start in his place for senior day. I dont remember him ever being injured and sitting out either. Was undersized in that ACC most every game as well. Very underrated passer out of the post and great team defender. That lefty hook!

5 Likes

It’s Junior but yeah Norm was a helluva nomination snub. Might be the runner up. I protest Scott being called a big man.

5 Likes

Does Marc Iavaroni qualify as a big (6’8")? If so, he deserves a nomination.

Norm was kinda frustratingly passive his first three years. But, man, he was a BEAST his fourth year.

2 Likes

Junior, but I was a big Travis Watson guy. Dude was a beast. Had a nice career overseas too.

1 Like

yea I took into account only centers otherwise Jr for me

2 Likes

Junior was the man. I loved Norm but he wasn’t Junior. Travis Watson probably had the best raw material and if he played in a system that better suited him we may look at him totally different.

But Junior was the man.

4 Likes

Junior, idk how close it even is… Travis Watson was a beast…AG was also crazy efficient, especially his last 2 yrs.

2 Likes

Tough one but I’m going with Junior. Mike Scott was pretty close with that going-extinct mid-range game.

1 Like

Junior but if Olden had his last year he may have been the dude.

2 Likes

Junior too easy. What about a real Center?

1 Like

Haven’t seen them all so I have to go with…

1. Junior
  2. Gill (stats depressed by talent around him)
  3. Watson

Polynice.

Junior 2nd and Watson 3rd.

junior said mamadi was up there on our pre-game the other day

2 Likes

Brent Dabbs!

2 Likes