Best PG in UVA history?

Ty was special. His game control was next level

1 Like

Love that dude. And loved that he seemed so mad ha

1 Like

No doubt he brought thay NY attitude to the court

1 Like

First thought in Singletary, but Ty is a very close second if not tied for first. Championships speak for themself.

4 Likes

Welcome @UVA804 glad to have u! I think this is the toughest oneā€¦as @brogdonfanpage said, kinda depends on what u need.
But if its the first pickā€¦super hard. Iā€™m going Ty Jerome tho. IQ, Skill, competitive natureā€¦I can build around that.

3 Likes

Hold on if weā€™re talking first pick to build a team around, thatā€™s a different story than best all time PG. To start and build around, give me Ty. like he can play a bit of combo 1/2 his size at 6ā€™6 I like big PGā€™s and his overall court IQ is off the chart.

1 Like

Sylven and Malcalm played PG and were bucket getters. I know why a few are picking Ty. Ty heart is unmatched by the way. But Sean, Cory, Crotty and Mason were better overall players as a pg. Your continue tu sleep on my man Jon Jon.

1 Like

A player I think we sleep on is Todd Billet. He could ball but was being coached by Gillien with a team of knuckle heads. I never saw a coach waste so much talent.

1 Like

That is a name I totally forgot about. To be fair the Gillian era did that to a lot of my UVA basketball memories at that time. Basically everything after they hit 6th in the country in 99 was a slippery slope from then on. Your right Tu there was a lot of talent came through in that time that gets lost in the shuffle. Honestly itā€™s what taints my view on Mason. I know he could ball, but all I remember from that time is a first round lost to a then relatively unknown Gonzaga and then then not even making the tourney the next year despite having basically the same squad.

1 Like

We didnā€™t have a true PG after Hand left. His blazing speed set the tone for us in so many games. Roger wasnā€™t a PG and Enifer was just bad.

1 Like

Mapp was supposed to the the man at pg but that never happened

1 Like

True, another what-if. Devastating injury that he never fully recovered from.

1 Like

I lay that at the hands of the UVA med staff. His surgery did not go well

1 Like

I gotta go $$. Top 4 player in program history in my book.

Question for Mark Jerome. At the UNC game at UNC, in the second half, kyle made a three point shot and was fouled. What did that UNC FAN or UNC Security guy say tu you? Im just nosey. Tugard be everywhere. LOL

1 Like

I know Scientific Mapp and I know he had what ifs.

1 Like

I haf my first ankle surgery at basically the same time by the same staff etc and got to talk with the Mapps some. I know my surgery did not go according to plan so I get the questions

Idk Ty was there for our first ever championship, going to go with him for how much he meant to the championship.

4 Likes

Donald Hand is a good one, shouldā€™ve been on the listā€¦

Sammy Zeglinski? TJ Bannister?

1 Like

UVA seriously is PG U. Enjoyed reading this thread. Too many great ones to chose from for me here

2 Likes