Blake Buchanan HS hoops chatter

Since Gill, we’ve had some centers shooting threes. Huff being one prime example.

6 Likes

Mamadi too lol. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Shedrick step out more (he did against Michigan!)

5 Likes

He takes those turn arounds in the mid post like Mamadi did. not just a jump hook guy

3 Likes

Yeah, agree. I think Tony changed his view a bit in the Huff/Hauser era, and we’ll see any big who can shoot threes popping out in the future.

Akil Mitchel used to hit like 50 3s in a row pre game shoot around.

2 Likes

Oh and Mamadi shot a lot too, his senior year (56 threes)

3 Likes

Very surprised he forgot about his homeboy Huff. Since you know, if he’d played more in the 2019 tourney, none of the games would have even been close.

3 Likes

I’m thinking his comparable is Drew Timme, but with a 40+% three point shot. Would that be good?

3 Likes

My bad … totally forgot about Huff….

1 Like

Facetious humor escapes some … :joy: :rofl:

And I remember being told that no good basketball players come from Idaho.

He looks pretty good to me.

2 Likes

Not from Idaho but played there in college. Check out Orlando Lightfoot from back in the day

I have said the more I see BB the more I like

2 Likes

Yes indeed!!

1 Like

That competition is laughable BUT (and I dislike buzzwords) he is very fluid and has really good footwork for a young big.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. Some things are accomplished more easily due to weak competition. He would receive a lot more resistance on some of his post moves against better, more athletic players. But he executes the moves smoothly and it’s a matter of adjustment for him when he faces better opponents.

One thing though, a three point shot is still a three point shot no matter the competition level. If he has that in his game it really opens things up. BB and Traudt will make an interesting pair on the floor. Two guys who can both score inside and out. They can play some two-man games on offense.

4 Likes

19-9 is a lot different then 22-2

3 Likes

That part is true. I keep forgetting there is a different arc.

1 Like

OK - I’m NOT saying that BB is the next Bill Walton, but he sure moves like him in the early years at UCLA. He’s fluid, makes decisions very quickly, blocks smartly, and is a very good passer.

I agree the competition is less than meh, but still…this a good, potentially very very good, modern 5 in college ball.

3 Likes

I think he’s going to be a very good fit for our program.

2 Likes