Boston College Game Thread (Wednesday 2/22, 7:00 PM EST, ACCNX/ESPN+)

If you are in the northern corredor visiting Worchwster Mass again we can pick you up. Jay Willy comin through on tickets dependent

2 Likes

What. The. Fuck.

5 Likes

By definition a breakfast sandwich is not a breakfast sandwich without cheese

4 Likes

My kids introduced me to cream cheese on my BEC bagel rather than regular cheese… game changer

2 Likes

What are our thoughts on bodos deli egg

1 Like

When we are down 3 to BC with 5 minutes left in the game tomorrow, I’ll scroll back to this fondly to remember the good times … when our biggest conundrum was which breakfast sandwiches we like best. Goddamn glory days.

8 Likes

I see no need to be constrained by the convention of having just one cheese on my breakfast sandwich

5 Likes

I love it been a gonto since childhood

1 Like

@Hooandtrue @haney here’s my list of dream breakfast sandwich recruits:

PG: SEC Croissant
SG: SEC Biscuit (from McDonald’s) ← because it never misses
WING: BEC Everything Bagel
PF: Everything Bagel, Sausage, Bacon, Ham, Fried Egg, American Cheese, Bacon Horseradish Cream Cheese
Center: Biscuit, Fried Egg, American Cheese, Sausage Gravy

8 Likes

Cheesy lineup. I’m out

3 Likes

I was thinking LRA has a 100000x better format than that other board because I can come here and find the BC game thread and be guaranteed that chatter instead of Nate Oats, NET, seeding, whatever. I was partially right.

Here’s my breakfast take: eat leftover dinner. It’s better than 99% of breakfasts and not at all weird after you do it once or twice. Today’s breakfast was Jamaican Jerk pork with rice and grilled eggplants and green pepper.

11 Likes

Post … Caffaro again?

I think unlikely. I took a look at Hoop Explorer (thanks for the addiction @haney); the current starting lineup ended up being pretty solidly positive in the first game even with a meh game from BVP. The Dunn-Shedrick pairing actually got like 18 possessions and was good too.

The non-garbage time Papi lineups were bad, gave up 12 points in 8 possessions, though they did score 10 in 9 offensive possessions.

3 Likes

What’s ailing us on offense? Just shooting? Or is it a deeper problem?

2 Likes

Eat dinner for breakfast, and breakfast for dinner. Win-win.

4 Likes

I’m not going to join this breakfast sandwich discussion, except to note that if we were fans of a team in New Jersey, the discussion would include a heated debate over whether to call something “Taylor ham” or “pork roll.”

4 Likes

Taylor ham.

1 Like

Growing up in Jersey, it’s definitely Taylor Ham

3 Likes

The one thing I miss no longer living in the south is the reliable availability of good breakfast biscuit sandwiches. I was raised on Hardees biscuits being a special treat. Their chicken fried steak and egg biscuit was unbeatable. A good southern biscuit beats all other breakfast sandwich “bread” options.

That said, now living in the southwest, I’ve discovered breakfast tacos are a close second in competition with a good fresh bagel. The secret is in the tortilla.

5 Likes

Not sure your center is a sandwich