Boston College Game Thread (Wednesday 2/22, 7:00 PM EST, ACCNX/ESPN+)

I think shooting is the biggest culprit. We looked great in Nov and January when we knocked down our open threes, and we’ve looked mediocre in Dec and Feb when those threes aren’t falling. I’m sure others have more astute observations, but I do think that’s a bunch of it.

I’m not freaking out yet because it seems to me we’re still generating a solid number of good looks. What I am concerned about is that this team has relatively little established shooting talent (as in, have knocked down threes at a high rate over multiple years), so it’s hard to know if they’ll swing back up to shooting well or just keep clanking when it matters.

3 Likes

I think shooting and the middle triangle has been solved. Went through a similar period in the Hauser-Murphy year before TB made some counters down the stretch. Seems to be time for those adjustments this year

3 Likes

Just catching up on this and those who mentioned preferring sausage in their breakfast sandwiches are just setting yourselves up for first round exists.

Bacon > Sausage was a universally accepted fact I thought

3 Likes

For the most part, I think we’re still getting the looks we want. Not just from behind the arc, either. How many layups have we missed lately? How many dunks? How many free throws? (You can’t get a better look than unguarded from the free throw line.)

As long as we’re generating high-percentage shots, I don’t think you can say defenses have “solved” anything. Basketball is not complicated. You have to make shots. We haven’t. We have players who are capable of doing so. We have a defense that can keep us in games if they struggle. I think we’ll be fine.

Having said that: I did think that of the four “easy” games – Louisville twice, Notre Dame, BC – that BC was going to be our toughest test, so I guess we’ll find out tonight.

2 Likes

Is fried chicken biscuit on the bench or cut from the team entirely?

3 Likes

Couple of strange stats from BC’s win over FSU:

BC won despite 21 TOs compared to FSU’s 12
BC shot 45.2% from the floor, but 47.1% from 3–Post was 7-11 overall, but 5-5 from 3
BC shot 29 of 35 FTs, FSU 30 of 34!!!

I didn’t watch the game, but I assume a bunch of BC’s turnovers came in the last 10 minutes as FSU pressed, but hard to imagine us winning a game with 21 turnovers. Yikes.

Redshirting and probably headed to the portal by lunch.

2 Likes

More hoop exploring. These were the lineups that played 5 or more non-garbage possessions in the last BC game, sorted by number of possessions.

Anyway, so that’s Skynet’s take on our game 1 BC lineups. As you all know, my view is that Tony and staff are incapable of making anything other than the absolute best choices about everything from sandwich cheese to “should I have my immobile 7-footer guard a perimeter oriented big?” and it’s really quite ridiculous of anyone to express an opinion on those choices. HOWEVA… since one day quite soon our robot overlords will be making our decisions and telling us what our opinions should be, I just thought you should all be aware what they say…

1 Like

To say the obvious, this would be a really bad loss. Would love to have a 15+ pt win to get our advanced analytics back on track after a couple of underwhelming wins. Also UNC on saturday will likely be pretty close, they’re desperate.

5 Likes

Hey guys…, please don’t remove this from the subject…just wanted to give “locked on Virginia” some love on YouTube…not a lot of subs…. loves uva bb and deserves our support… peace out

1 Like

Fresh if you could give “locked on Virginia” an interview… it would help him tremendously…,He’s got 50 subs…unacceptable for a uva bb supporter

Done. Comnect us but that “subs” part scared me

1 Like

Btw I don’t know the dude…just want support for our boys

1 Like

:rofl:…,sorry dude… poor choice…lol… like I said…seems like a solid guy…but don’t know him…can you drop under his comments? Hopefully he’ll see it…

1 Like

Tell me how to find him/ her or his stuff

Sorry Fresh…I don’t know how to imbed a link here… but if you go to YouTube and search:

Locked on Virginia

It will come up

1 Like

Thanks Fresh!

Lawrence Johnson. Found him

4 Likes

DM me man. Love it

1 Like