Boston College Recap and Observations

8 Likes

Great work! Honest but level headed with good observations. Tough to sit up late and write about your team after a terrible loss.

6 Likes

Appreciate it! Honestly, it helps to try and summarize the game as I’m forced to look at the game as a whole and not just the final result. There were a number of encouraging aspects of this game that we can’t forget about.

4 Likes

I believe your analysis is spot on. Honesty is the best policy. I dont know what can be done about the shooting. This team doesn’t have much room for error. Good point about Mamadi and Jay having to be available. There was some weird lineups last night and Tony did some things I had never seen before but with this small margin of error I expect we will see more of that. We are the reigning National Champions so we are playing on house money. But I do expect this team to improve and be more consistent. I was never very high on Stattman. He is proving me wrong and I’m glad . All my opinions are a that of a layman but I’m grateful for the great work you guys are doing here. I used to cry alone in my beer but I now have a place to vent and to get some valuable and positive information . I tried some groups on Facebook and went back to my beer. Thanks LRA

2 Likes

Great read! We just gotta make shots. Not enough people scored. PERIOD

1 Like

Good game analysis, but unsure of the need get into a breakdown of NCAA prospects in early Jan. Just simply, the team needs to continue to grow and develop. This will lead to winning games like last night. Moreover, there’s bug going through the team. It plagued Casey last night, Jay was fighting it off, and who knows if anyone else was being affected. Add to it, that emotionless morgue called Conte Fieldhouse has been a challenge for better prepared UVA squads than this one. Tough road loss. Get ready for Cuse. A win takes the team to 12-3/4-1. Not a bad start for a work-in-progress team.

1 Like

I think I remember losing at BC a few years ago maybe even when Joe and or Malcolm were on the team? That as well was a very tough loss. I was not able to watch this one thanks to the ACCN joke but assume from reading here was not unsimilar.

As I said before. On offense we need to have Kehei running ahead of the bigger guys when the opportunity presents itself instead of having them in front of him on defense. Maybe our coaching staff will agree

Go Hoos

3 Likes

Youre right, it’s not a bad start, and the bug likely did affect them. But the fact of the matter is that this team doesn’t have any good wins to hang their hat on, and they’ve had two losses against teams they very much should’ve beaten if they are as good as they could be. Yeah it’s early, but thought it was worth it to point out that they have some real work to do to get that resumé to where it needs to be

3 Likes

yes. we all agree on that. Definitely need to show up and win these type of games. Think that is where we were all disappointed.

3 Likes

when kihei passed to mamadi for the and 1…I thought we were gonna pull away.

We’ll get better as the year goes on…I hope.

2 Likes

Agreed, felt like we had the momentum and were gonna get the necessary stops down the line

You may be thinking of a close loss at BC in 2013 with Joe, Akil, and Justin on the team. I think Malcolm was out for the season with an injury by that point. I seem to remember a half court heave by Akil at the buzzer that could have won it.

That loss was painful because it came right after the great win against Duke at JPJ where Joe went off, and it was definitely one of the factors in not making the tournament that year. There were ups and downs that year, but the team grew and really took off the next season. Different teams, but I’m sure there are good things ahead for this year’s guys.

4 Likes

Yes thats it. And thanks for that Joe Harris going off versus Duke game. He was already really good but that was like an arrival moment for Joe

4 Likes