BYU game thread

Their QB isn’t even that good and he’s shredding us.

1 Like

I weirdly believe

1 Like

If we can hold them to a FG here, I’ll convince myself we could do this.

2 Likes

We really are offering no resistance on the defensive end. Just need to hope they miscue enough throws to only get fieldgoals on drives instead of touchdowns… sorta like the entire season so far.

2 Likes

Brennan gonna either get all his picks out tonight before he torches ND or lay waste

For all the character toughness earned not given talk the Virginia staff puts out you’d think the Hoos would tackle better. Tackling is all heart character and wanting to be good at it.

5 Likes

I think what drives me crazy is that Bronco seemingly never acknowledges the defense is awful. I get not saying anything about specific players, but he just coach speaks around everything and says he sees “progress”. It just feels kind of like being gaslit. Like I watch the games and know the defense is awful, but he won’t say anything. And this is coming from somebody who generally supports Bronco.

5 Likes

No idea what the over/under is but I like the over

3 Likes

I locked it in at 65 easiest over of the yr. Think it settled at 66.5.

3 Likes

Offense has settled in. Now we need a couple of turnovers

1 Like

I can’t even get hyped for the TD knowing the defense is coming back on the field.

5 Likes

I think Bronco knows they f*&^ed up with the “no heavy tackling” approach over the summer to save injuries (we have injuries anyway).

I just want Bronco to go back to being our defacto defensive coordinator and running the blitz coverages we used to run. Those defenses were fun. the 3-3-5 can rot in hell.

4 Likes

Am I right to think we switched to the 3-3-5 because our secondary was so awful it was seen as necessary to compensate for or at least somewhat cover-up the worst part of our team? Or is this like a long-term scheme change they did because they just think it’s a good idea?

3 Likes

A few surprise onside kicks wouldn’t be a bad idea tonight. Who cares if they drive 40 yards or 75 yards

1 Like

That and go for 2 when we score. A lot of macro data that’s the way to go when you are trailing early

2 Likes

My understanding was they went 3-3-5 to cover up a sketchy secondary.

2 Likes

We did the thing! We only gave up 10.5 yards on 3rd and 12!

4 Likes

Please punt

That holding call felt like pity. I’ll take it.

3 Likes

They got a stop!

2 Likes