BYU game thread

Yeah, remember how it the team was a “good D, ok O” kinda thing when Bronco started? I find the utter awfulness of our matador-style D remarkable. Last year made sense because the D was actually solid EXCEPT that every single D-back got hurt so of course the backfield was awful.

Honestly, the reason the GT game turned into a blowout was that pick. All of a sudden we were ahead, so they shifted a bit from their running game (which was good and we couldn’t stop) to their pass game (which was pretty bad and stopped itself with only occasional help from our D). If they’d stuck with their running game we never would have gotten a 21 point lead. Admittedly the final score probably would have been about the same but the game would have felt closer.

1 Like

I don’t think this should be targeting but based off the way it’s been called this year it absolutely is

1 Like

The worst part about targeting is having to listen to the announcers explain the rule then have a 50/50 shot at predicting the call correctly.

2 Likes

Hahahaha. They’re reeling me back in. Damn it.

2 Likes

It’s a damn shame this O and this D are on the same team.

9 Likes

Bting on the shootout

2 Likes

Oh, wow!

Man Wicks, Davis, and Armstrong together would be so much fun but seems unlikely they are all here next year

1 Like

Wicks is damn awesome!

2 Likes

Hah. Just realized we’re not even half-way into the second quarter and 49 points have already been scored. Calling this a shootout feels like an understatement. They’re on pace for a final score of like 85-65.

Edit - The basketball team would consider this a high scoring game.

4 Likes

We need more BYU holding penalties.

3 Likes

Come on penalty or botched hand off (how UVA fans cheer when the other team has the ball)

Pull 41’s school and fire the ref

We made the defensive adjustment of not rushing 3.

4 Likes

Finally. See it all year

1 Like

FG feels like a win.

3 Likes

Have to love that the defense has stepped up to hold BYU to no points the last 2 drives. Unfortunately the refs have gifted them 3 but still a win in the flow of this game.

1 Like

I love Darrington. Dude knows how to run.

5 Likes

Why is he not RB1???

2 Likes

A 50 yrd rushing td? That may be the most surprising thing tonight

3 Likes