Can Tina Thompson be fired now?

The ACC tournament is over. She’s absolutely terrible and shows no signs she’s interested in creating a good program. Let’s get a real coach.

5 Likes

Can we afford to fire her, especially this year? That’s the real question.

2 Likes

Don’t think there’s any way we pay to let her go this year. Not with how COVID has affected the finances.

2 Likes

Is TT the worst coaching hire ever at UVa? Really on the AD for that one. Everybody gets one or two wrong, but that’s a really serious miss. The women’s bball program will be in the sh*t for multiple years to come, even if she is fired, which ain’t happening.

3 Likes

Even the Mike London and Dave Leiteo fiascos had positive stretches…

4 Likes

When she took the trip to Duke… that’s all it took. No grace anymore! Adios! Don’t let the door hit her in the butt! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

The 2 years and 1.3 mil left on her contract isn’t going to magically appear. Maybe if there’s someone in the bargain bin who can at least stabilize the program for 2-3 years, then see who we can hire. Don’t think that plan has ever worked out for any program before though, so I expect TT for at least next season and maybe coaching out her contract in our worst case scenario.

3 Likes

So you only name two Black Ex-UVa coaches as an example, of hiring fiascos? Got it. Smh.

Say what you’re accusing me of out loud. What you’re implying isn’t the case. You wanted me to say Boyle, Gillen and Groh too? I don’t follow the other sports near enough to know who the bad coaches were.

Clown post

1 Like

Wonder if Tammi Reiss has the same hard feelings towards the program as Dawn.

Tammi just won A10 Coach of the Year at Rhode Island.

4 Likes

The damage done between the program and the former players now coaches is near criminal level. The fact that Dawn Staley has seen success at every level and is one of the top coaches in the game and UVa can’t even sniff an interview with her is awful. Tina Thompson is not the coach of the future for UVa but as mentioned with her contract the size of the buyout the fact that it’s women’s basketball (no where near the public pressure), COVID we’re going to be stuck with her for probably two seasons. It would be smart to begin making those inroads to the the Tammi’s of the world and see if we can get on her radar for when she’s ready to move.

3 Likes

Tammi Reiss is really becoming an intriguing prospect that wouldn’t be too expensive and you gotta believe that she can relate to the young ladies she’s recruiting. She loves UVA also! It would also be a destination job for her.

Tammi takes the time to reach out to her fans and is sincerely appreciative of the support she receives. Very, very, Charismatic woman. I’m a UVA fan of our entire athletic department. However, Rhode Island is currently my favorite women’s program. As a former frequent ticket holder and supporter. It’s really hard to support ours under our current state.

4 Likes

Coach Thompson needs to be fired.

1 Like

Absolutely the worst!

1 Like

In the opener against JMU, Coach T showed that she really doesn’t deserve this job. Line ups, game plan, and adjustments in the game were all deserving a grade F in my basketball grade book. We are not winning one game this season. The entire coaching staff needs to go. The sooner, the better.

2 Likes