College basketball news

5 Likes
2 Likes

Devin Vassell (FSU) off to the NBA early.

https://twitter.com/Yvngdevo/status/1242110060605693953/photo/1

5 Likes
2 Likes

Thatā€™s not the most confidence inducing quote right there

7 Likes

FSUā€™ freshman Patrick Williams announced for the draft.

5 Likes

I did not see that coming.

1 Like

Could just be testing the waters

2 Likes

Pat isnā€™t hiring an agent yet but they think heā€™s gone. He made no secret of that being his goal. Should be a first rounder. Cases like him make what Leonard Hamilton has done all the more impressive. He consistently loses players to the NBA before they make a max impact. Of course that track record is also why he gets those players now.

3 Likes

Agree on all points. I certainly saw sparks from him that indicated he could go, especially in what feels like a weaker draft. But I did not know that was an expressed goal of his. Hamilton has lost a lot of players over the years to the NBA and he just keeps reloading. Heā€™s seriously one of my favorite coaches in the NCAA.

3 Likes

Heā€™s due to be poached by a bigger dog.

Hamilton? Why would he go anywhere else. Heā€™s at the top of the ACC right now. Unless he wants to take over a ā€œBlue Bloodā€ program anything else would be a step down for him

1 Like

Didnā€™t mean to imply heā€™s aiming to leave, but I can just see many schools that could make a compelling pitch down the road. More money plus there are many non-blue bloods that are more prestigious than FSU basketball, and he potentially wouldnā€™t be at a football-first school.

Ham is 71 though and been there almost 20yrsā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was about to say. Not sure he would want to start over t 70 yearā€™s old. Plus heā€™s in the ACC and winning on the regular outside of money anything else would be lateral at best

1 Like

I cant call him one of my favorites because heā€™s in the ACC but he sure is one of the best coaches in the country. Every year it seems like he has got 10 forwards with arms as long as their legs and they are all over the place

2 Likes