College basketball news

3 Likes

Things keep shifting and changing for the Hokies

5 Likes

Going through some Hokies boards most seem to be happy he is leaving. I get that he seems to be a bit of a distraction and inconsistent but he was a freshman averaging 15.5 ppg. The Hokies seem to think that the kid cant become a more consistent shooter or improve his overall game. Through and through, It’s a big loss especially during a rebuilding period for them. But the only thing I don’t understand is him wanting to play as a wing, a small ball 4 is the best it gets for a scorer imo. He might just want to play for a contender. lol

4 Likes

Should be a fun transfer recruitment. Nolley is the guy who once put out a 32 team bracket, slowly revealing his final 16,8, 4, and 2. Chose Georgia in the end, and then decommitted the very next day! :grin:

10 Likes

Lol didn’t know that :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha that’s amazing and totally what I would do if I were being recruited :joy:

3 Likes

Lets do it B. you cant use Uva. make your bracket

3 Likes

@DFresh11 ask and you shall receive. USC, St Johns, UNLV, and UW in the final four. USC and St Johns moving on. St Johns takes home the W. I mean you can’t beat living in NYC and playing in MSG every night. Pretty freakin awesome. As for everything else, just know I have my reasons and they’re good ones. That was procrastination at it’s finest :joy:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Respect Ben’s decision!

3 Likes

Ha. thats great man. Big Ben a Johnnie. Respect.

2 Likes

Am I the only one surprised there haven’t been any major coaches fired yet? or has there and I missed it?

2 Likes

I think it’ll happen as time goes on. Not quite sure who tho

1 Like

There’s a lot going on right now. Causing some distractions and the optics of firing someone now rather than taking care of students etc. Could prove to be terrible optics.

3 Likes

Agree with Dragon and also with schools being officially closed presently I would wonder if they could even do so administratively much less begin a real search afterward. Interesting topic for sure.

1 Like

Good point, tough to go through the HR paperwork and buyout talk etc when you can’t meet face-to-face. Imagine a lot of programs don’t want that back-and-forth on record.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to the CBS Eye on College basketball and they are not projecting the most active coaching carousel.

1 Like

Bryce Drew got hired @ Grand Canyon…they are putting $$$ into bball.

2 Likes

Might be still trying to figure out budgeting

2 Likes

the impact is enormous across all the economy. Have said this for last 2 months The free money goes away fast

3 Likes