Crucial Spring Decisions for UVA (Blog)

Are… are you him?

Just kidding, but that’s great if true. Glad he’s staying.

3 Likes

Great news. Was actually more worried about him than Milicic, since I believe IW has been/will be a factor. Can almost guarantee IW told Milicic before he ever committed how things work here…especially for bigs.

4 Likes

Four of the starting five returning + taine + the first years would have me pretty excited for next year. Even if we lost three transfers, although I would be extra excited to not lose any transfers!

3 Likes

Yeah, but Miličić probably has better pro options overseas right now. His dad is still an influential coach and he’s already played in basically pro leagues in Europe. Taine was also in the NBL, but I don’t know. I’ll still be watching Igor’s decision closely.

4 Likes

But he hasn’t done anything this year that improved opportunities that were already there last year. Unless this year totally soured him on the US college experience, which I guess is possible.

4 Likes

Where are people seeing this? It’s not on his Instagram and he doesn’t have a Twitter

Correction: he does have a Twitter. Who knew!

5 Likes

I talked to him. “I’ll be back, don’t worry” were his words.

14 Likes

Haha ok that’s what you meant by “from him”. Love the scoop — thanks!

4 Likes

Just in case anyone needs a refresher

3 Likes

Checks out. Not on it from what I’ve heard this afternoon.

35 Likes

Never understood the theory behind him leaving. Has an opportunity for a lot of playing time next year.

1 Like

The thing with iggy was that he initially came in as a wing and then switched to front court if I’m not mistaken. His pathway to PT in the front court is precarious next year with Traudt coming in

1 Like

Took me a minute to figure out who iggy is. Nice nickname.

2 Likes

Because of the debacle that was the summer of 2020 recruiting, how many under-ranked big men ended up at mid-majors, or lower, and now that they are better known after a year of college ball, are ready to transfer to a high major? It seems to me that this is the ideal sort of target for Virginia’s staff. I would hope they would be willing to redshirt (which would limit the pool), but after that they would have three years of eligibility a la Anthony Gill. You have to wonder if there are any high major transfer prospect who would be willing to do this and who, at the same time, might be of any help. Just curious.

5 Likes

The language barrier is still worth considering. In certain regions of New Zealand this means “I am transferring to a cow college in southwestern Virginia but will return to this town to sink a statistically improbable number of threes against you.”

3 Likes

Can you please tell me that Reece isn’t on it?

2 Likes

We can’t even contemplate that eventuality. If that comes to pass, there would be biblical levels of wailing and gnashing of teeth on this board.

3 Likes

If Reece left we’d probably have to close the doors around here for a few months to mourn. Doug might even switch teams with him.

No worries

22 Likes

9 Likes

If he leaves for a team I don’t vehemently hate I might have to join Doug.

3 Likes