Current Gas Prices & Inflation

How are gas prices in the US right now? I just filled up this morning and it cost me €109 or just under $120… i also still had about 1/8 of a tank. :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh, inflation here is real real.

2 Likes

By my rough math, you paid $120 for about 15 gallons. So $8gal vs avg of $4 in the US, yeesh. Of course we drive a lot more over here so still prob spending just as much money on gas total.

2 Likes

*$4 is the avg in Va, would be higher in Cali and more urban areas.

3 Likes

Not gas but I’m one of those people who eats the same schedule of meals every Sunday diner-Friday lunch. So naturally I buy the same groceries every week. I’m now paying about 70% more than I was in October.

4 Likes

Yes… I’ve seen that as well… the groceries are the true inflation. The gas has to do a little w/ inflation and a little w/ Russia and a little w/ OPEC… etc.

2 Likes

Inperfect storm for sure but crude prices were up near 100 percent pre Russia Ukraine. Also, US gas prices are much cheaper than european countries

anyhow…

1 Like

It didn’t help when Russia told OPEC to suck it last year and didn’t follow the price per barrel guidelines set up by the “cartel”…

1 Like

foreshadowing maybe

…and a lot with Kihei

7 Likes

If Tony picked up the pace a little inflation would immediately slow down to the Fed’s target of 2%

7 Likes

Want to share the menu?

4 Likes

Wow… pretty soon LA will be paying more than me. LOL!

2 Likes

Ouch that’s why you make the big bucks @Merch. Just filled up at $4.29 in Atl. $95 for a full tank

Why i work from home and have filled up 2x a year…lol

4 Likes

Smart man I work from home but still have to fill up once a month or so due to school dropoff pick

Wife has an electric car for daily stuff…huge

3 Likes

"Oh but the economy is great " - says my co-workers pointing to the unemployment metrics.
Me “You are seeing what you want to see”

2 Likes