✂ Cuts From The Corner - Wake

A little bit abridged with the short turnaround but - a look at some defensive rotations, marveling at Dunn and Beekman, touching on Buchanan, and some other odds and ends.

8 Likes

Ryan Dunn is an absolute madman on defense, in the best way possible.

Monsanto trying to take Dunn in iso late was the most irrationally confident thing I’ve seen someone try in a while.

It’s kinda wild how much Reece got to the rim with Wake in drop coverage 100% of the time. Drop is supposed to take that away!

Does Wake know how to teach screen setting? I’m not sure Efton was even trying to make contact on some of those screens.

3 Likes

The Reece thing was brilliant - every time he tried to force Reid to have to commit to him and most of the time he was successful, he just backed the ball out to the three-point line and made him defend out there.

4 Likes

Reece!! Has always had that craftiness. So glad he stayed to put it on full display. Also why he will make the NBA

Can you do a Cut showing Reeces degree of difficulty makes. It is real

Carlisle got to see our guys doing what they do best - Beekman (everything) and Dunn (defense). Probably wasn’t too impressed with the ft shooting by either of them.

2 Likes

Rick C is a different kinda dude. What a Basketball Life he has had

5 Likes

https://x.com/cutsfromcorner/status/1759717437597970631?s=46&t=wAzMZR-0PRGT1LpN6U5x0g

@Cuts_from_The_Corner I got you, bring your Zoom action dreams to life here: Basketball Play Creator App - Easily Draw Plays in the Browser

(Have to stay lurking on Twitter for reasons)

2 Likes

That thing looks dangerous for my time!

@Cuts_from_The_Corner you can take the rest of week off :rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah… mostly going to! Although I will write a short thing without clips.

1 Like

Can you just do a fake out. Like make it a real title and when you post it on twitter it looks like a real article but when you click the link it’s just a word doc with, over and over again “NO MORE HARD HEDGES. DEATH TO MOVER BLOCKER. PLAY ELIJAH 5-10 MINUTES A GAME IN THE HEAT OF THE GAME. TELL REECE AND MCKNEELY TO WAKE UP ITS THEIR TEAM”

Like 50-60 times maybe.

2 Likes