Doug Smith Highlights

Is there anywhere to watch Doug Smith highlights. As much as he talks about his playing days I gotta see some film lol. He cracks me up on the podcasts and is great entertainment.

3 Likes

Would love to see this, but I’ve only found pictures so far

1 Like

thanks yo. I have a bunch of tapes so need to figure out how to make some highlight reels. Will work on it

5 Likes

Doug played before the advent of moving pictures

15 Likes

Yooo phony Bennett in the house

2 Likes

Ok my mistake. What I thought was a picture of Doug was actually a video but it turns out he’s just really slow.

9 Likes

Wait guys. Phony Bennet could be run by Junior Burrough and we never knew. Material there right outta Junes play book

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDKE-i1g5Q8/?igshid=nn14ytrch5zl
@DFresh11 featured on one of my new favorite accounts on IG

9 Likes

yessir BigBen. that dude has a lot of old school finds

4 Likes

Dude, it really is awesome (and shows the baller in you) that you played less than a week after an appendectomy…Great stuff

5 Likes

my man. All BS aside my mindset was the appendix is out so what could be the problem? I also loved that challenge

5 Likes

I WANT MORE!!

2 Likes

That’s a real dawgs mindset. Tells me a lot about you. You can win with a guy like that.

3 Likes

I was well rested man. 2 days laid up in hospital then Wednesday shot some FTs at practice. Went full practice Thurs and Friday… game was Saturday. JJ gassed me up by telling reporters I was the best guard on the floor Friday; one of those coaches moves to make you believe. Also by the stat line I was on pace to get like 40 hahahah. Never enough PT dude

3 Likes

Exactly…I remember playing 3 days after a dislocated thumb, but that was against Nelson County…definitely NOT Notre Dame, hahahaha…

3 Likes

Woo wo woo wo I must not have been playing in that game for the Governors cause I should would have taken a swipe at that thumb if I knew about it :wink:

2 Likes

NC or ND all the same 85

2 Likes

I over-lapped with school with Doug. He was a pleasant surprise: he was not too highly recruited but as he ended up playing a big role on a couple of our good teams. I have forgotten the games but I would say at least twice he hit the deciding three point shot down the stretch - which was not what I was expecting from him because he was never one of the top three offensive options on the floor at any time. But he turned out to be quite good in the clutch. Very even tempered.

5 Likes

Imma take this as overall compliment ha! When we were at Maryland my last year I did hit the deciding 3 down the stretch. Funny backdrop was everytime I came in Gary Williams would scream at Johnny Rhodes to just deny me at the 3 point line. I said: Come on coach yall need to concentrate on Cory (who was having a huge game). So down the stretch we needed a bucket down 1 or tied and literally 3 guys on MD chased Cory who calmly laid it off to me on the wing wide open for the 3 that decided the game. Will also say I was go to guy that year for FTs down the stretch and was never afraid to take make shots when we needed them

15 Likes

Doug was a crucial 3 point shooter off the bench as a senior in 93. Cory could shoot, but Cornel and WIlliford shot 27% between them from 3 that year.

4 Likes