Dragon's 2021 College Football Picks Week 3

Oh I’d put tbe hoos at the top of the coastal with a win tonight. Oddly Pitt scares me the most right now

The department of justice needs to break up Alabama. College football is boring now.

1 Like

Looking at how Miami’s season is going, if UVA gets a chance to play Bama to start the season, we should answer with a firm “no”. They just WRECK people.

1 Like

Honestly season seems pointless bama isn’t even close to whoever is second. In some ways kills my interest in the sport

1 Like

Bama’s hegemony is bad for the sport. You want a villian and sometimes dynasties can be good, but its been so long and they are so far away from almost everyone else. It’s dumb.

For me personally college basketball will always be supreme because of March Madness. College football as a whole could never come close. But I do get hype for individual games.

1 Like

I love college football below the top 5 or so teams. The rest of it is amazing chaos and great game day environments with results that are hard to anticipate. But at the end of the season it’s all reduced to the same top top teams, and I couldn’t care less which of Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson or LSU are better than the others this year.

2 Likes

College basketball is by far my favorite. College football is 2nd but I hate days like this. Embarrassing day for the ACC

1 Like

The ACC is going to see its performance across sports slip as long as it’s football money is substantially less than the Big 10 and SEC

2 Likes

And to be clear, I’m with you both. College basketball by far my favorite. I just also enjoy college football, especially early in the season.

And yeah, ACC is just falling further and further behind. Future is not bright unless something changes.

1 Like

Thats why Im all about leaving the ACC for the B1g even with this nonbinding “alliance”. Gets us more money for our facilities to recruit the heavy virginia talent + Bronco’s coaching. And our basketball is perfect for B1g play.

1 Like

I’m old school and I hate change. I wish we still had the original ACC,lol. But reality is setting in and I’m considering what you have been saying

1 Like

I agree, Take UNC with us to the Big Ten and let Duke go to the Big East with Nova and the Zags. (Throw in Cuse and thats a hell of a basketball conference) Then let the other conferences pick up the rest of the ACC teams.

1 Like

I think the B1g was eyeing UVA UNC Clemson Georgia Tech to establish themselves off of I95. Also you get Clemson for football, UNC brand, Atlanta with Georgia Tech, and an AAU academic member in UVA plus Basketball and our olympic sports I guess. Football could become competitive if B1g = more money for facility updates which let us bring in more of these VA talents leaving for Penn State.

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be a solid addition for the Big Ten. I just wonder if Clemson would prefer the SEC over the Big Ten. If Clemson was a no-go then I don’t know who the 4th team would be. Maybe Louisville? Tech? (They would prefer SEC though)

1 Like

If things are truly desperate and we wanted to save the ACC, the ideal probably would have been dropping Boston College and Wake Forest (tiny schools with low athletic budgets) and bringing in Notre Dame fully, West Virginia and Cincinnati. That wouldn’t have put us at the SEC or BIG level, but would have been an improvement in both football and basketball. But Cincinnati is now headed to the BIG12, Notre Dame has shown no intentions of joining fully, and I don’t even know that there is a process for kicking out members.

Given current landscape… I guess we wait it out and see how things develop over the next few years. Maybe things will be OK and we’ll keep our heads above water. Maybe not. But if the BIG were to ever come and offer us a spot at some point in the next decade, I (very very sadly) would find it harder and harder to say no.

1 Like

That’s why I never hated Md for leaving. The B1g gets it when it comes to money and those schools are getting checks upwards of 70mil a yr guranteed from the tv deal. That’s tough to say no to. The ACC hasn’t done itself any favors in modern sports and outside of tradition there’s no real benefit for Uva to remain there.

It’s a bit concerning seeing the Big 12 make moves to reshape and rebuild and the ACC remains in wait and see mode. You’d hope they learned their lesson there.

3 Likes

^^^^

2 Likes

And if you think about the schools “biggest rival” has only been in the same conference for what 15 yrs? So how much tradition are they really holding onto?

I hate Notrw Dame 2 weeks in a row they screwed me. Also no way they are a playoff caliber team I don’t care what the record says.

Lincoln Riley should be fired for even allowing Nebraska in the game.

How much will it cost the Canes to bring Cristobol innfrom Org?

Anyone have a couch I can borrow? Cause this. Gambling ish aint paying off