Dragon's 2022 College Football Picks Week 0

al-pacino
Alright everyone, we are back for another college football season is about to kickoff tomorrow and you best believe your boy is stoked. For what it’s worth the real season does not kick off until next week in earnest with the P5’s going to work. But there’s games being played, and I got to get in on that sweet action.

Austin Peay Governors +27 vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: I’ve done virtually no research here, but any team named Governors is gonna get this Nelson County boyz love. The spread has grown since opening at +20 and I actually like that. Plus even for a random game this is a big spread for early in the year. Austin Peay can keep it “close.” Austin Peay +27

Nebraska vs. Northwestern +14: I know I said the P5 doesn’t kick off for another week, but Northwestern is barely a P5 program and frankly Nebraska is too. The spread opened at 9.5 and has steadily grown as the week progressed. That was an accurate line and it was hammered early and has grown to 14. Honestly if I could have gotten the line at 9 or even if you hammer it to down to 10, then my pick flips. Overall I think Scott Frost is in his final make or break season at Nebraska and Northwestern is the perfect opportunity to get the hype train running. Nebraska wins, but they don’t cover the 14. Northwestern +14

Edit: This game is being played in Avia Stadium in Dublin Ire.

Hawaii +8 vs. Vanderbilt: Vandy is back… arrived…!!! The Commodores have been in Hawaii for the last week prepping for this game. The line has steadily grown from -1 to -8 currently and while I think Vandy can start the season off right against a Hawaii team adjusting to a new first time HC, I don’t think they will run away with this thing. Also Vandy not real P5 school so my opening statement holds true. Also nothing like a 10:30 PM ET kickoff for a night cap and a last ditch effort to save a lost day.Hawaii +8.

Utah State -26 vs. UConn: Jim Mora Jr. is back in college football attempting to build something at UConn. He may be successful at some point but it wont be against an Utah State program that averaged 450 yards and over 30 points a game. UConn’s offense was anemic last year and glaringly had a 23% 3rd down conversation rate. The more opportunities Utah State has with the ball the high the score goes, too efficient too good. Utah State -26.

Virginia has a bye. Enjoy it.

6 Likes

I’m putting all my money on UVa this weekend…

3 Likes

Smart man.

2 Likes

Take the money line. No way we lose

3 Likes

Dragon has history in Ireland. I’m taking that as a sign to roll with his Northwestern pick.

2 Likes

I put an r in Dragon in the title. If it was supposed to be missing, I’ll change it back.

1 Like

Appreciate that. Like I tell people at work. I don’t read, I just post.

1 Like

Wait … the Nebraska-Northwestern game is in Ireland? I did not see that coming.

So the Big Ten now extends from LA to … Dublin?

You can watch Big Ten football in Ireland and No. Africa, but if you want to watch ACC hoops in VA, no dice.

3 Likes

See now you want in on the B1G. Think of all the untapped recruits the Hoos can get. And the $100mil check each season.

2 Likes

Also random stat of the week. Vanderbilt wins this week’s aware for furthest distance traveled to play a game. And that’s with 2 teams playing in Dublin, and you rubes are worried about joining the Pac12? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Time to bring back supersonic flight

1 Like

They went out to Hawaii a whole week early to “get their bodies adjusted.”

Sure Jan GIF

4 Likes

Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances
i’m losing again!

2 Likes

I’d love for us to join the BIG and for UVA football landing late cycle no-name recruits from Ireland to be the next iteration of UVA basketball landing late cycle no-names from Oceania. I can just imagine all the posts about how not playing high-level football their entire lives isn’t really a detriment because they’ve probably played rugby or hurling or something.

2 Likes

Didn’t Bronco bring in some German O-linemen a few years back? In a (very) brief moment of Bronco enthusiasm, I remember convincing myself that was a next level genius movie.

Anyway, I’m all in on bringing in some Irish kid named Dwyhairmiopd and having @BDragon tell us is pronounced “Dermot”. Sure it is…

2 Likes

That would be Welsh…

3 Likes

There it is! At least there is a history with (the) Welsh and UVa. :joy:

1 Like

Hahah great pull.
@haney Bronco did bring in a German kid but I’m not sure he stuck seem to remember a bunch of “he’s under cooked/has a lot of catching up to do” you think? Then why waste the spot on him? That was definitely one of the moments that caused me to sharpen my pitch fork.

I’m actually curious to see what the turn outbwill be for that game. Neither of those progams are internationally recognized at this point. Spoke to several friends in Ire and Wales who had no clue the game was even happening or forgot about it.

1 Like

jerry-seinfeld-im-right

6 Likes
5 Likes