Dragon's 2022 College Football Picks Week 3 (season 3)

2-4 last week
10-6 overall

Confused Steve Urkel GIF

Sometimes you win sometimes you lose, but you always show up and play the game…

I have no idea what that means but I’m here trying to win some money and build a new house. Last week Vegas had it’s revenge against Dragon causing me to go 2-4 on a few heartbreakers and the ultimate kick in the nuts, my two favorite football teams combined for 6 points… But American loves a comeback story, and it’s time to begin mine, let’s make some picks.

Oregon vs. BYU under 57.5
It feels very strange to see BYU and Oregon on the board and taking the under but that’s what I’m doing. I believe the Ducks true offense is somewhere between the 70 they dropped against Eastern Wash last week and the 3 they scored against UGA in week one. On the other side BYU will likely be without their top 2 wideouts yet again. Last week the Cougars offense was stale without the stud receivers. Wish this line was a point or 2 higher but give me the under in this top 25 match up.
Under 57.5

Iowa vs. Nevada Under 39
Yup I’m taking the under on a game that most teams could pass the over on their own. I think the Iowa offense does their version of waking up here and actually finds the endzone. But I also think the Hawkeyes defense will strangle Nevada’s offense.
Nevada Under 39

Oklahoma -10.5 vs. Nebraska:
There was a time this was the biggest game of the year on the college football calendar. That time was 22 years ago (damn I’m old). Nebraska fired Scott Frost on Sunday after starting the season 1-2 including losses to Northwestern and Georgia Southern. There was plenty of turnover on the sidelines and on the field in Norman this offseason but the Sooners offense continues to roll and the defense is improving the Sooners have outscored opponents 78-16 through two games. The line opened at 14.5 and is being hammered down which only makes me like it more.
Oklahoma -10.5

Ole Miss -16.5 vs. Georgia Tech Under 62.5
It’s down right strange how quiet Lane Kiffin has been since the season started. I prefer my college football with more Lane, sports need a villain. The Yellow Jackets are in a make or break year and for almost a half in the season opener it looked like they were going to make it. I guess the jury is still out on what their fate will be, but I do know that Ole Miss is 4-0 with the under on and Geoff Collins is 3-7 ATS when playing ranked opponents as the Yellow Jackets head coach.
Ole Miss -16.5 Under 62.5

Florida vs. South Florida -24.5 Over 60
The Gators have not left the swamp this season, for the third week in a row they will host an opponent. For the first time this season the team on the other side of the field will not be ranked. Florida found themselves in a rock fight with UK last week, and a slobberknockder in week 1 against Utah. The South Florida Bulls will be a welcome change of pace. If Billy Napier can keep his boys focused (I think he can his message hasn’t gone stale yet) they shouldn’t have problems racking up points but 24 is a big number. I do like the over as a back door safety net.
USF -24.5 Over 60

Rutgers -17.5 vs. Temple
What am I doing with my life? I’m betting Rutgers vs. Temple, I clearly have nothing to live for. Greg Schiano has the Rutgers rushing attack churning up yardage (540 yards in two games and 8 TDs). Temple barely escaped Lafayette last week thanks to an outstanding special teams performance, who blocks 3 punts in a game (first people to comment Beamer Ball gets a beer in the face)? Philly is basically Rutgers backyard and their recruiting home. Expect them to put on a show.
Rutgers -17.5

Virginia -8.5 vs. ODU:
Will the real Hoos please stand up? Last week was not good. The Virginia offense needs a revamp if they want to reach the win column. Can Coach Elliott make the necessary changes? I have no idea. I don’t know enough about him and I’m tired of pretending to be in the mans head. Playing ODU is exactly what the Virginia offense needs. Yes, the Monarchs beat VPI, but that was a terrible game on so many levels, and the chances of that happening again are slim at best. I have made some nice coin on the O/U on Virginia games and I will continue that trend this week taking the over 53. I like the Hoos to win this game… and I think they can cover the 8.5 too but I wouldn’t touch it.
Hoos -8.5 Over 53.

10 Likes

I’m going with Oklahoma this week. My weekly favorite Dragon picks are 2-1, trying to stay ahead of the pace.

4 Likes

That OU pick is my lock of the week.

1 Like

Miami vs Texas A&M at -8.5 is an interesting line. Someone could make a killing on the ML there. I could see things turning sideways on Jimbo

2 Likes

Let’s hope
Jimbo is an arrogant bastard.
I like Ou as well
No pick between TT v State?
Tough game for the Red Raiders, long flight , laying around all day. Won’t get home till tomorrow.
As much as I can’t stand T/AM picking them

2 Likes

Im hoping Jimbo takes another L. Honestly have a hard time reading that game.

The TT spread is 18ish I believe? Anything in that area I’d take the Red Raiders. Like you said long trip unusual routine for state could make for a sluggish performance

1 Like

@HoozGotNext bout to look like a genius for following Dragon and the Sooners

2 Likes

The difference the athletes between Nebraska and OK is comical.

1 Like

Holy crap. Nebraska might be worse than us.

2 Likes

There’s no might about it. Nebraska is a bad team and program.

2 Likes

Is our game even on TV?

Acc network

1 Like

Shane Beamer down 45-0 in the 3rd quarter. Just hate to see it.

2 Likes

Best part of Cobif the hoos didn’t have to get boat raced by uga in the dome?

Hows the Va tech game already over? They kick off at 9 am?

friday_gif_collection_20

5 Likes

Im bout to make @HoozGotNext a rich man this yr

4 Likes

BYU being exposed for the frauds they are agaisnt a Bo Nix lef Or

Looking around college football thw Hoos have some legit problems. But man Im glad they aren’t Nebraska or Georgia Tech to name a few.

2 Likes

WTF just happened with App State? They keep a leprechaun in their pocket?

2 Likes