Dragon's College Football Picks Week 10

Phew what a week last week! 4-1 if you include the over on the UC/Memphis game. Round here we call that ‘Turtle Soup’ cause we are walking in high cotton. Okay, that’s the end of my southern expressions for now. Week 10 and the college football season is all the way live, we had some sweet MACtion on Wednesday night, the Pac-12 is coming online Saturday along with the Mountain West (bet you didn’t know you missed them?) everyone is here to play.

17-15

Cincinnati - 13.5 vs. Houston: If you got the hot hand you got to roll with it. The Bearcats are on fire currently dominating top 40 teams SMU and Memphis by the combined score of 91-23. I’m very close to tipping UC for the CFP. I do believe that at some point they will experience a letdown game and have to gut out a win. However, Houston is all over the place this season. They had one of the worst starts to the season thanks to COVID delays, and Dana Holgorson teams give up points in bunches. UC -13.5

Florida +3 vs. Georgia: Georgia may have the best defensive unit in the country. Kyle Trask will have his hands full trying to move the ball against the Dawgs. My concern here is Georgia’s offense. It’s bad, Stetson Bennett has been suspect at best with his performances so far this season tossing five picks in the last two games. The Georgia offense gets a boost with George Pickens returning to action. But I think the Gators will have enough firepower to win this one outright. Florida +3 in the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.

USC -10.5 vs. Arizona St: The Pac-12 South kicks off with a barn burner. USC has been on a tear as of late in the division winning 21 of the last 25 against the division. I would not be surprised to see this line hammered down before kickoff with people picking the underdog. For me, Herm Edwards’ group lost a lot of talent from last year’s team and that’s going to prove to be the difference maker. USC has a batch of talented receivers and Kedon Slovis calling the signals on the field and that will provide them the lift they’re looking for in the opener. USC -10.5.

Texas -5.5 vs. West Virginia: This line has been hammered down enough that I believe it’s time to reverse the trend and buy in. Texas opened as an 11 point favorite (I would not have touched that). However in an effort to correct itself, the line is fluctuation between 5.5 and 6.5 depending on your book. At 5.5 this is a great line. The Longhorns have been disappointing and a lot of that has to do with Sam Ehlinger not being as good as advertised. That does not mean he’s a bust, he’s just not a Heisman Trophy level candidate. He’s been able to make enough plays with his arm and legs to keep Texas in game, and that will be enough to get past as soft Mountaineers defense.

Bonus Pick Oklahoma/Kansas over 63: I think the Sooners could hit this over on their own. Has a coach ever done more to ruin their legacy than Les Miles has going to the Jayhawks?

3 Likes

Certainly. Nick Saban’s move to the Dolphins was permanent black spot on his resum … never mind.

2 Likes

I think the absence of late night Pac12/MWC games is part of why this hasn’t felt like college football season yet. For me anyway. I don’t watch all day or follow as closely as I used to, but Fall Saturdays usually wound down with some loony left coast action. Glad to have them back.

1 Like

I hear ya PAC12 after dark is a magical thing. Usually my favorite games to unwind to

Good one tonight I see. BYU invading the blue turf. I might make it to halftime.

2 Likes

If i remember correctly Boise was favored. I hate that blue turf… no way i make it through that game but I’ll lay some eyeballs on it

1 Like

Do you think they actually saw that stuff before they had it installed?

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the blue turf! Now the red turf, is it Eastern Washington I think? That’s awful, gives me a headache.

1 Like

Agreed the Red turf up in Washington is bad. I don’t hate the blue but I still have flashbacks to the MC Computer’s Bowl in 04. Aka the beginning of the wnd of the Groh era

1 Like

What time BYU and Boise St playing?

Haven’t been keeping up with these the last few weeks but glad to see this is still going strong… let’s pull some more winners…

1 Like

10pm kickoff no 21 v no 9

1 Like

Always like NC State with points and overs with them. Lotta weird lines today that jump out as wrong to me hence I will do nada!

1 Like

No doubt NC State seems to find a way to put points up

I dont even follow them but always see their scores etc and seems like they that way every year

2 Likes

Definitly not feeling great about my picks this week. If i can hit 500 Ill be happy

Since you dont feel good about them I’m predicting you have a good day. That’s how it always worked for me

2 Likes

I like your thinking

2 Likes

Commonly referred to as reverse mojo…

2 Likes

So how about that Liberty over Tech ending :joy::joy:

6 Likes