Dragon's College Football Picks Week 11

Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing, and I’m pressed to believe that may be the case with my current hot streak. It’s not easy getting hot late in the season as the lines get tighter, due to familiarity and other factors. Nonetheless here I am making the most of it, but I think this week may signal a swing in my momentum. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

20-17

Rutgers -5.5 vs. Illinois Rutgers as a near touchdown favorite seems odd. Rutgers as a near touchdown favorite on the road in conference? That may be unheard of since they made the trip west to the BIG. But alas it’s 2020 and here we are. Greg Schiano has brought life and hope back to Jersey. On the other side of the field you have an Illinois team that has looked uninspired all season, and getting hyped for the Scarlet Knights likely is not the answer. Two programs heading in different directions. Look for Rutgers to look for the knockout punch in this one. Rutgers -5,5

Washington St. +10.5 vs. Oregon: Oregon took a while to get going last week against Stanford. That was a Cardinals team missing their starting quarterback and top receiver. This line opened at -7 for Oregon, I didn’t like it at that, but with so many people jumping on the Duck’s Wagon, it ballooned the line to a much friendlier number. WSU looked good under first time starter Jayden de Laura. The Cougs are going to struggle to control the line of scrimmage but I think they can do enough to keep this one interesting. Washington St. +10.5

San Diego St. -10.5 vs. Hawaii: The Aztecs are a physically dominate team. They use a legion of running backs to bruise and batter opponents. Hawaii is at a disadvantage every time they go on the road, due to the distance. Adding to the difficulty, the Rainbow Warriors offense does not travel well. They only scored 7 points in their opener against Wyoming. Look for San Diego to get out strong and establish a lead and then bleed the clock in the second half. San Diego St. -10.5

Purdue +3 vs. Northwestern: Northwestern is 3-0 and I love Pat Fitzgerald as a coach but the Wildcats are not a powerhouse 3-0 team. Nebraska out earned them by 125 yards, but were done in by turnovers. Northwestern only put up 237 points against Iowa but again turnovers did in the Hawkeyes. in as well. This is going to be a very close one but Purdue has a little more room for error. Purdue +3.

Cincinnati vs. East Carolina Over 56.5: East Carolina is bad but the play the Bearcats tight, UC is on a mission to get into the CFP and to do that they need style points from big wins, This is an easy over,

1 Like

I gotta add this one to my original predictions. I lile Michigan +4.5 against Wisconsin. This feels like the sort of game the Wolverines lay it all on the line and pull out a win. Toss in a ton of unknowns on Wisconsins team due to COVID and you got the perfect recipe for a potential disaster.

Yikes. This one’s not looking great. At least they only count once.

1 Like

They gonna Lane Kiffan Harbaugh. Since it’s a home game they will fly him to Wisconsin and then fire him and leave him on the tarmac there.

2 Likes

I warned that I was due for an off week and man i took it on the chin this week.

It’s going to be interesting when it comes to firing big name coaches this year. If they have big buyouts could be complicated due to most schools taking massive revenue losses this year. Makes it hard to fire and hard to hire a big name Penn St in a similar position.

1 Like

@BDragon I’d like to see something like this next week from your predictions… LOL!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/look-william-hill-bettor-turns-10-leg-football-parlay-into-more-than-dollar704000/ar-BB1b2Qxw?ocid=msedgntp

4 Likes

Always ride with NC State. is unreal how they do vs the lines

2 Likes

Man I read those stories about guys hitting crazy parlays and I just scratch my head. I’ve never had much success stringing together a worthwhile parlay.

2 Likes