Dragon's College Football Picks Week 15

We made it! Week 15 the last full weekend of games for the 2020 college football season and what a season it was. I’ll take this moment to thank the coaches, players, and most importantly the administrators, facility workers, behind the scenes operators who put themselves at risk and worked to make this season possible, so a guy like me can make random picks and try to may a few bucks and get a distraction for a few hours a week from the real world.

Now with that out of the way, let’s see if I can finish the season above .500.

26-28

Georgia vs. Missouri OVER 54: This is a bit of a risk as I’ve been burned by the Dawgs offense already this season, but with JT Daniels under center Georgia appears to have found their way. They should be able to move the ball well and score at will against a Tigers squad that gave up 48 to Arkansas last week. The big question is can Missouri hold up their end of the deal and put up enough points to help reach the over. I believe they can can score the 13-19 points needed to make this one work. Over 54.

Mississippi St. +6.5 vs. Auburn: This have not gone well for Auburn this season. Every time they appear ready to compete something goes wrong (Bo Nix on the road ugh…) Today they head off to Starkville to take on a Mississippi St team that has actually turned their season around, showing some fire and competitiveness as of late. Leach will relish the opportunity to make a bookend statement on the season against another traditional SEC power. Meanwhile Bo Nix on the road… Mississippi St. +6.5

Utah -1 vs. Colorado: This line opened as Utah+3 and if you can find it anywhere near that jump all over it. The line has caught up to the money as the week progressed. This is the first real team Colorado has faced all season and I don’t like their chances. That’s not a knock on Colorado who had to endure a late off season coaching change, and for what it’s worth they’ve thrived. I’m just not convinced they are as good as the record indicates. They feasted on sub par opponents, meanwhile Utah after the late late start (Nov 21) appears to be rounding into shape. Utah -1

Cal -2.5 vs. Washington St.: The money has been coming in on Cal all week and pushed this line up to 2.5 and I’ve even seen it at 3 in some places. If the line jumps any more between now and kickoff I’d avoid it. This is going to be a close one, but I like the way Cal is playing now that they have gotten their players back on the field after early season COVID complications. Washington St. is certainly capable in this position, but I believe they need a little more wiggle room before I pull the trigger. Cal -2.5

Texas -29 vs. Kansas: It’s hard to remember that Les Miles was one of the great college football coaches churning out NFL talent like a factory at LSU just five years ago. Kansas is awful. Texas is putting up big numbers, and thumping anyone they can to make the most of the same Tom Herman campaign. Texas -29.

5 Likes

Cant believe is week “15”. I like us a lot tonight. Bring it Sandman

2 Likes

Agreed esp at a 3pt dog there’s money to be had there. The Hokies have quit on Fuentes

Game starts at 0200 here… going to power nap for a few hours and wake up to watch. Goooo Hooooooooos! :smiley:

2 Likes

Love the dedication

1 Like

we should do a jazz nut Dragon beera podcast. See who goes down first

4 Likes

@BDragon would kick my butt with his “session” IPAs while I’m drinking my porters and stouts. LOL

2 Likes

Haha also helps I’m 6’6 315. Built to last

1 Like

That would be a great podcast. Fresh can interview both of you and you have to drink 3 or 4 beers before the podcast starts

1 Like

Dragon with that size has to drink at least 6 before it starts

3 Likes

and take odds on who goes down first

2 Likes

I can drink and talk for days.

1 Like

I could back in the day. That was the wild days and I drunk whiskey. Now 3 beers and I want to lay down

1 Like

Kansas Texas canceled due to Covid. May pick another game to replace

UVa over Tech!!!

1 Like

+120 straight up. Mighty tempting.

2 Likes

You want Tech? I got the Hoos!

haha! Nah I’m saying UVA +120 money line is tempting. Seems odd to me, should be flipped.

3 Likes

Yes same. i think we drill em. Mush!

I have no clue why the money line is sitting that way other than history and homefield advantage. Tech played better last week than the score showed but im not sure they are bought in. Uva on the other hamd cant get the playcalls right in a blowout game. We all laugh about it now but that’s a pretty basic thing that got screwed up royally by all involved

2 Likes