Dragon's College Football Picks Week 2 (season 4)

Last Week 4-4
Overall 7-6

beyonce GIF

Okay last week I took it on the chin. Vegas showed why it always wins. I was close enough to get a good sweat but never quite on the mark. Thankfully the football season rolls on and I still need that new house. So I’m doing what any sensible American does and gambles on their future success.

Colorado -3 vs. Nebraska
Alright I’m not all in on the Prime Time bandwagon, but I am on the Nebraska is still a wreck bandwagon. Nebraska does not win close games, 2-14 in one-score games since 2021. This game and the buzz takes me back to my childhood when Nebraska/Colorado meant something. You can believe Omaha will be rocking as they try to turn the clock back, but it won’t work.
Colorado -3

Cal +6.5 vs. Auburn
I’m getting a head start on scouting Cal football. Hugh Freeze is turning Auburn is around but the Tigers are carrying some injuries. I think Cal defense can keep things tight and if that’s the case I like the Bears odds. Strange things happen when you go Pac 12 after dark.
Cal +6.5

Notre Dame -7.5 vs. N.C. State Over 50.5
This is a big number and I’m not feeling great about it. Brennon Armstrong is a known commodity to Hoos fans as is WolfPack OC Mr. Anae. And honestly it’s because of this combistrong textnation that I’m leaning ND. I have more faith in ND’s defense and Coach Freeman dialing up a few schemes that force BA to make difficult reads and into a timely turnover.
Notre Dame -7.5 Over 50.5

Southern Miss +31 vs. Florida St.
Take it easy, I don’t think Florida State drops a game on Saturday night. I actually really like this year’s Nole’s. I do think that a short week coming off a blowout win in front of a national audience it may be hard for the Nole’s to stay up for 4 quarters and cover a massive 31 points. The home crowd will give FSU a nice lift but I don’t expect that to last.
Southern Miss +31

Stanford vs. USC Under 70
Continuing my tour of the future of the ACC and my love for the PAC 12 after dark, got to soak up these conference match ups while they last. Stanford beat up on a bad Hawaii team on the road last week. But they gave up a ton of passing yards (350) to a team a team that only has a passing attack. The USC defense is still suspect but the offense will be ready to go as they continue to build William’s Heisman campaign. The key here will be for Stanford’s offense to slow things down enough to keep the Trojans offense off the field and from lighting up the scoreboard.
Under 70

Wisconsin vs. Washington St. +6
Things get strange at WSU after dark. Washington St. went on the road last year to Madison and pulled the upset and although there’s a new guy calling the shots for the Badgers this one feels like a game that just goes a bit sideways.
Washington St. +6

Troy +17 vs. Kansas St.
Coming into the year Kansas State got a lot of love to win the Big 12 and rightfully so. However, Troy is coming to town and they are bringing a haul of weapons with them. Kimani Vidal is a real deal running back and he can help the Trojans control the clock. Combine that with a solid defense and an experienced head coach in Jon Sumrall who is well versed in prepping underdog teams. I’m also hoping that KSU is taking a peak ahead in the schedule towards next week’s rivalry game against Missouri.
Troy +17

Virginia vs. JMU Over 40
Welp here we are. A home game against James Madison University and the Hoos are dogs… It’s the reality and I accept it. The surprise from last week was that the Hoos kept it close for almost 2 quarters and then the depth and talent took over and the Vols ran away with it. The big question as of this writing is who will take the starting snap for the Hoos? Muskett is listed as QB1 in the depth chart CTE is saying Muskett is day-to-day which from a gambling standpoint means avoid this game. But this is a Virginia board so here we are. If Muskett can go, I like the odds of the Hoos finding a way to get points. Even if they work with first year Anthony Colandrea I think he can guide the offense without too much of a hiccup. 40 is a small number.
Over 40

5 Likes

Dude i love NC State overs. Ridin with the Dragon

1 Like

Haha I remember that. Feel like you rack up on them every year

1 Like

Thats the early 90s memory haha

1 Like

I think Colandrea is a better fit for a team with a bad O line … at least he can run out of trouble …

3 Likes

I do not

2 Likes

Under is a layup

2 Likes

When Dragon started dropping names of Troy players, I was sold. He could be making them up, I have no idea and don’t plan on checking. That’s the play.

10 Likes

Betting the under, though, is like betting the “don’t pass” line in Craps**. It’s betting against fun. It’s like saying, I am actively rooting for a boring game.

** It’s been a while since I played Craps, so I may be totally biffing this reference.

1 Like

Thats why the call always has more delta than the put. 0 is no fun

2 Likes

I spent all last yr bettinf the under on iowa and Virginia now I’m switching it up

2 Likes

Yea i noticed that too. Dragon really does a great job of research on these teams. Thay has to be a lot of work. Dragon I tip my hat to you sir. Well done

2 Likes

Appreciate y’all. I love college football and handicapping it. I listen and watch tons of games and shows and my closest friends and I have been doing this for 20 yrs now. I actually was feeling bad because I felt like I wasn’t prepared for this week after moving last weekend and having my wife outta town this week and doing the single dad thing i haven’t had my usual focus

7 Likes

When are you planning on opening your own sports book?

1 Like

Fresh jumped up at work today and said take NC State money line and over points vs ND.

1 Like

I’m holding out for LRA to put me on.

5 Likes

Qb is the hardest position to play

1 Like

Ugg big storms moving through Raleigh today. That ND over looking a little suspect.

Unless post rain a rainbow appears unlocking ND Leprechaun buff

Thats where Brennan A will thrive

1 Like