Dragon's College Football Picks Week 2

Alright @HoozGotNext gave me the idea for this so you can give him credit/blame depending on how you look at it. For years I’ve enjoyed picking college football games against the spread. There was a time I was actually really good at it (hitting about 65%) those times are gone as I don’t have that type of time to research anymore. In addition, this college football season is by far the most unpredictable thanks to COVID-19. As Hoos fans we’ve already seen the damage it can do.

Anyways, here are my picks for week 2 of the college football season, and remember this is just for fun, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Duke vs. Notre Dame -21
Notre Dame is in the ACC… for now… Last year was an off year for Duke and coach David Cuttcliffe. They are looking to have a bounce back in 2020, but they have a big uphill battle to start things off with a Notre Dame program that has been eager to get on the field. Last year this game went ND’s way 38-7, This year’s game won’t be any better. Notre Dame runs all over Duke and covers the -21 points no problem.

Syracuse vs. North Carolina -23.5
I don’t have a lot to say about this one. Syracuse was the biggest disappointment in the ACC last year. This year they won’t be disappointing anyone, they just aren’t a great team. Mack Brown on the other hand is building a very good program in Chapel Hill (I hate saying that but it’s true). The TarHeels have a stud under center, and an active defense that can fly to the ball. Expect UNC to come out firing early and looking to attack the Syracuse secondary. It’s a lot of points but UNC covers the -23.5

Louisiana vs. Iowa St -11.5
Most of us probably did not watch the Ragin’ Cajuns play last year, but they had a barn burner of an offense throwing finishing in the top 10 nationally in the majority of offensive stats like total offense. Iowa St is a good team, and they will cause havoc in an uneasy Big-12. However, first game of the season, taking on a team with a high power somewhat unorthodox offense is a recipe for upset city. I like the Rajin’ Cajuns to keep this one close and make the Cyclones uncomfortable. Louisiana covers the +11.5

Florida State v. Georgia Tech +13.5
Florida State is rebuilding again. That’s a strange phrase to even think about as someone who grew up in the 90’s and watched FSU dominate everyone. But Really this rebuild dates back to the end of the Jimbo Fisher era, he left the cubbards bare for Willie Taggart, and Mike Norvell is not left with much to start his tenure with either. Toss in a ton of trouble/smoke/discontent with FSU players and the coaching staff, and you have to question how much does FSU actually have it all together. For Georgia Tech they were a big surprise to watch last year. The Yellow Jackets are building something special in Atlanta. Head coach Geoff Collins has brought an energy to the program and to the the city of Atlanta. I like them to stick around for the entire game, and force FSU to question themselves throughout. Georgia Tech covers the +13.5.

7 Likes

Went ahead and locked in UNC -24 and ND -22. I had Miami -15.5 on Thursday night and I was sweating throughout that game. LOL. I expected a lit more out of King but I think he’ll get better throughout the season and Miami has a chance to have a great offense with King, Jordan, etc.

1 Like

You should add a “odds this game will be played” segment. And I hate that I’m only half kidding.

2 Likes

Ha I felt the same way about Miami. I think King adds something the Canes have needed for years.

1 Like

Well done man! Complete with explanations too. I like the Louisiana call. For entertainment purposes, of course! haha

1 Like

Is there an ACC Fantasy Football we could start up on here?

1 Like

this is tremendous. thanks my brother

1 Like

Dragon is straight cash early. 2-0 start. And the Louisiana lock was a breeze, 31-14 upset.

4 Likes

I was tempted to take Louisiana straight up but didn’t want to be greedy. UNC was a slower start than I figured but eventually got rolling. ND Hoping ND follows suit but not feeling great about that.

imma take em

1 Like

Dragon, maybe you should book some games on the side. Could be pretty lucrative. Hire Fresh as your muscle

3 Likes

All in. Lets go

3 Likes

Long as DFresh has my back

1 Like

I jinxed the heck out of this. Should have learned from our hoops pickem games to keep quiet when things are going well.

4 Likes

Hah that’s why I was quiet early. The ND game surprised me. But FSU and GT are doing about exactly what I thought they would

1 Like

Nailed the LA and UNC games… ND screwed the parlay… we will see about the GT game… gt is playing like the want get shut out…

2 Likes

A straight up win for GT is going to be tough but covering the 12 that’s right in their wheelhouse. FSU may have a new coach but they look lile the same listless group.

2 Likes

And just like that GT scores a TD…

2 Likes

Keep it coming i don’t need a straight up win but Ill take it.

1 Like

3-1 baby with 2 double digit dog straight up winners! That’s impressive. I smell a blog next week. This is a thing.

3 Likes