Dragon's College Football Picks Week 9

My picks are becoming the definition of mediocrity, and I’m okay with that given the way this season is playing out. Week 1 of the Big10 did not treat me well, Michigan outperformed my expectations, and I’m not even upset about the Penn St. game, just because the ending was so amazing. Here we are another week and another slate of games.

13-14

Georgia -17 vs. UK: The last time we saw the Dawgs they were getting shut out against Bama on the road. They’ve had a bye week to regroup and they get the Wildcats knocking on their door. I’ve won with and been bitten by UK so far this season, and on the third try I think I’ve finally figured them out. They are a one dimensional team ranked 83rd in the nation at 5.8 yrds per pass attempt. Georgia has one of the best defenses in the country, and they have been pushed by their coaches for the last two weeks to prove how great they really are. This line opened at UGA-14 which I loved but even at -17 I still like the Dawgs here. UGA - 17.

West Virginia - 3.5 vs. Kansas St. The upside and the downside of the smaller schedule means you get to see the same teams over and over and gain familiar. It also means that you can get burnt by the same teams multiple times. KSU and WVU have cost me money this year, so why not go back and try it again. Kansas St is ranked road underdog, think about that for a second. Kansas State is living off a great turnover margin. They’ve failed to outgain all but one opponent this year, Bottom line is they struggle to keep up opponents, and WVU is great moving the ball on first and second down. WVU -3.5

Cincinnati -6.5 vs. Memphis: Memphis can score the ball, we’ve seen that few times this year with the shootouts they’ve been involved in. They also don’t play the best defense in the world. UC’s defense is ranked 4th in the country and they have enough offensive firepower to put some points on the board. I like the over here at 55.5 and give me UC -6.5.

Auburn +3 vs. LSU: Auburn is bad and has had some fluky random and flat-out embarrassing wins this year. LSU is a far cry from the team that won the national championship. They’ve twice had 40 dropped on them. Both teams are struggling to just keep pace in the SEC, I like Auburn as the home team here to have the slight edge, but expect this to be a random outing that may not even be watchable. Auburn+3

Virginia vs. UNC: It’s the South’s Oldest Rivalry… that counts for something. The game opened at -4 for UNC which felt way too low. It’s ballooned to -7 as of this writing, and may creep a touch more before kickoff. I do believe UVa is due for a breakout game, and I think they will at some point this season. I have a hard time seeing it happening this weekend. UNC is loaded offensively and if the Hoos defense can’t get home and create some legit pressure in the backfield it’s going to be a long day for a shaky secondary.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a team fall as fast and hard as LSU has. Pathetic

1 Like

My first thought is Gene Chizik at Auburn, but he managed an 8-5 season after the national championship year, before the bottom fell out.

To be fair LSU lost an NFL’s worth of talent from last year’s team. Tough to reload all those players.

1 Like

Yea, I know they lost a boatload but if Clemson or Alabama lose a boatload they got another one coming right behind it. It really surprises me

1 Like

Well, that Maryland-Minnesota game was wacky. MD comes back from 17 down in the fourth to force OT and Minnesota loses on a missed extra point…brutal

2 Likes

Dang I gave up on Maryland last night, had no idea they came back. They looked awful.

2 Likes

That game incapacitated everything wrong with the Big10 when it comes to betting and is exactly why I avoided the entire conference. Now watch Penn St mess around and beat OSU straight up as a 10 pt dog

1 Like

2-1 after the first round of games. Feeling pretty good about that. Locked in on Auburn LSU for an epic weekend

1 Like

That one is looking good

1 Like

Yup we’re gonna be poppin bottles at the Dragons Den tonight. 3-1 cover city baby.

4 Likes

Lol

Above 500 9 weeks into the season no complaints there.

1 Like

That puts you in the red. Back in my day I hardly ever was in the red

1 Like

lol @Hoosthechamp has a collection of college graduation pictures from the kids he sponsored. Grandkids of his bookies.

4 Likes

Lol he not alone. Im just have a good run

haha I’m just teasing Chuck. He’s got a whole Rodney Dangerfield routine on here joking about his bad bets.

3 Likes

Hey, you ain’t far from the truth. I see you fairly often

2 Likes

Lol, I see one of them fairly often

2 Likes