Efficiency on the season

Keep sleepin on Stats…

I really like Kody in that Nolte-esque 9th/10th man utility role. Can reasonably count on him to step up in the event of foul trouble or injury. Could be even more important to have a guy like that this year as Covid protocols evolve.

1 Like

Read the last sentence…“there is a lot to winning basketball games that doesn’t show up in any metric”…

3 Likes

Also, per PER Statts has been better than Woldo and Reece this yr…??

Huffs 2019 stats were proof of Tony playing favorites that year.
No way Clark should have played more minutes than Key or Huff.

And he finally gave in the last 8 minutes of the season and took out Clark for Key.

That’s why I like win shares per 40 minutes.

And you also have to compare the numbers vs others at the same position - I can break that down too

Wait who did you want running point that year?

2 Likes

I think he’s a big Kihei fan

6 Likes

I’m assuming he wanted Ty

2 Likes

I know this is a fan forum, and it’s fun to break down offensive sets and player performance from the games. But could it be possible that the coaches have an unprecedented number of really good players to work with and are trying to install a new offensive set, while they figure out how to fit it all together including several players who are new to the program and at least 1 key player who’s unexpectedly struggling? It was a crazy preseason with no secret scrimmages as well as many other obstacles, so personally I’m going to wait to see how this works out over the next several games instead of focusing too much on what offensive set we are in, who’s playing a lot each game, and what the efficiency metrics are for each player.

10 Likes

Nope… not possible

5 Likes

Totally agree with @unknown but I still enjoy the analysis on this board of what the coaches are trying and what seems to be working or not working.

1 Like

Definitely love the analysis, just not the endless complaints, particularly about coaching and individual players and this early in the season. But, hey, I’m voluntarily spending my time on a fan forum, so I probably shouldn’t complain about what’s always going to be on a medium like this.

6 Likes

Ty ran point 95% of the time in the half court sets. Clark was off the ball most of the time. So with a 3 of Ty, Guy, and Deandre for 85% of game minutes and Diakite getting 75% by seasons end, who would be best suited off the ball the majority of the time? Huff, Key or Clark? And Key and Hunter could guard guys like Carsen if they needed to. Just look at the freedom they all had in the 2nd half of the Syracuse game when all 5 guys had to be guarded. Sheer joy from the big 3.
Anyway, this simply coming from a shooting guard that enjoyed playing with 4 other offensive threats while I was on the floor. Was tremendously difficult when there are only 3.

1 Like

Damn if only Bennett had benched Kihei maybe that team woulda won something…

13 Likes

He did bench him and they won. :grinning:

During the stretch run of conference play that year there was an interesting debate between the analytics crowd and the trust Tony crowd. Lineup data said the Clark-Guy-Jerome-Hunter-Salt starting group wasn’t particularly good and subbing Mamadi in for either Clark or Salt gave you some of our best lineups. The FSU loss was probably a blessing because it gave Tony an excuse to make that change.

1 Like

Lol, so basically you said a whole lot to say that you don’t’ actually want to talk about it?