Efton Reid will take his official visit this weekend

I’ll see next week if the recruits want to talk about their visit. The little bit I’ve heard sounds like the UVA folks feel good about it.

Things were pretty casual with Holmes. They just wanted him to get to know everyone, see things first hand, and have a good time. He was with the players most of the day yesterday. People saw him out last night at dinner with the guys and assistants.

Efton’s visit was more serious as you’d expect. He spent a lot of time with Bennett. They’ve developed a good relationship. I don’t know any details, but above all the usual recruiting pitches and presentations I think the prime goal is just making sure he realizes how important he is. Demonstrated by Bennett’s personal attention. Why not stay home to play for a national championship program who REALLY wants you instead of waiting on others to decide if you’re good enough.

We’ll see if more comes out, it usually does. My initial impression is this weekend at the very least solidified favorite status with Reid and put us in position to have a place at the table with Holmes.

8 Likes

Check DaRon’s reaction to the Kersey put back at the end. White shirt behind the bench.

5 Likes

DaRon’s dad.

5 Likes

Sounds like Big DHolmes is in! hahahha. great work here guys.

1 Like

Yup!! Thank you tweets are customary but I can’t really remember anyone dropping the 5 pillars in there. They made an impression on that man.

5 Likes

Maybe Dads (and Mom)a smart guy and gets it. He’s now able to compare and contrast UVA and AriZona. Tony Bennett and Sean Miller…

2 Likes

Having spent time with Sean back in the day and knowing his player at X very well I can tell you the contrast between him and Tony is like the grand canyon. I have respect for what Miller can do with X’s and O’s on the floor but that’s about where the similarities between him and Bennett end. I would not be surprised if DaRon and his parent can feel that difference in their interactions.

2 Likes

Pedestrian observation but from the fotos DaRons family invested in the good UVa gear… not like they bot souvenir hat or whatever haha

5 Likes

Not sure bigger contrast of coaches as far as sideline demeanor. Dont know Sean at all but we did beat his Pitt team in Richmond circa 1991. Another Bryant Stith miracle playing on essentially an broken ankle and went off. Thanks to trainer Ethan Salibas skills.

3 Likes

I remember that game against Pitt, Was one right around the time I first became a Hoo fan as a young kid. Sean can coach there’s not doubt I was at X when he took over for Thad, but his off the court demeanor is about as close to a 180 as you can get to TB.

2 Likes

Dad with the photo shoot pics. I’m curious about the cousins, do they live in the area? Still haven’t gotten the #notcommitted from Efton yet, not that I expect anything else. Been a little quiet from him. DaRon did do an interview with Jamie Oakes, pretty glowing stuff. Behind a paywall, or I’d share.

1 Like

And there’s the Efton post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4x6p8XF21d/

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4x_Wu6hBrU/

3 Likes

I love Justin McKoy

4 Likes

So do I

1 Like

From Efton Reid’s mom. I asked her what stood out most about their visit.

“I was impressed with Coach Bennett’s attention to detail in explaining how they would use my son in his program.”

And I think DaRon Holmes is going to do a little interview with us later.

4 Likes

DaRon dropping the good stuff in his IG stories.

dher

8 Likes

Wow, That’s a great pic

1 Like