⛹ Elijah Gertrude - Official Thread

Yeah, I don’t think this is accurate.

The coach is highly spiritual, but the team doesn’t have mandatory Bible study and chapel such as at Oral Roberts, Bob Jones, BYU, etc. Which are “religiously affiliated.”

Values-based, sure. Religion- and faith-based, naw.

8 Likes

I hope you’re right…and I *hope they come back. However it would have been nice to have the high ceiling this year and next year instead of just next year. But I’m excited to see what we do in the off season with the players we’ve added and the development of iMAC and Dunn.

I understand what you’re saying, but because we are the more “popular” school out of those other three, and there is a major focus on TB’s faith it seems to stand out more. On the flipside Notre Dame is known to be Catholic but we didn’t really hear or read anything about Mike Brey’s spirituality throughout his career I don’t believe?

What I’m trying to say is that pillars/values = culture.

Bennett is religious/spiritual/a man of faith, but the program isn’t.

It’s the program’s pillars that create the culture, not the head coach’s faith, if that makes sense.

Although some are certainly drawn to his faith. And others, like Farrakhan, appreciated the man and the culture he was creating.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying. I also mentioned the Pillars as being a part of the “obstacles” of approving the right players for our program (again not a negative but may lessen the pool a bit).

May also increase the pool too.

31 Likes

LFG!!!

4 Likes

“The ultimate goal is to get back for the start of the season in November.” That doesn’t sound like be ready in the summer to me. We are gonna need a portal guard or 2

3 Likes

@DFresh11 how tall is Elijah? Seems like with guards the recruiting sites throw darts at a board for heights

1 Like

Same as McKneely… solid 6-3

2 Likes

My read of that is : ultimate goal is to be ready for start of season. [left unsaid: intermediate goal is to be going full bore sometime before that, hopefully by official start of practice, if not earlier]

6 Likes

my read is: “I got this”…

4 Likes

“an exciting player that can really get up and down”

Has he cleared this with Tony yet?

2 Likes

Have you seen him in person? I know he’s listed 6’3 but they will list anyone from 6’ to 6’5 as a 6’3 recruit

1 Like

I’m prepared for the redshirt at this point…but man he sounds like he wants to be great

2 Likes

Love that he’s so frequently in contact with dudes on the team and Buchanan.

9 Likes

I asked this question earlier. He’s same as IMac just longer arms

3 Likes

Yes like Dabe said solid 6’3. Maybe 6’4 on a good day. Feel like he is longer than most dudes though (wingspan) but that could just be his ups

3 Likes

Yea. He is real 6’3 but not 6’5

3 Likes