⛹ Elijah Gertrude - Official Thread

https://virginia.lockerroomaccess.com/2022/09/14/elijah-gertrude-commits-to-virginia/

33 Likes

HOOOOOSSSSSS

16 Likes

A more optimistic take on 2023 recruiting. Gertrude and Buchanan both those prototypical identified early kids UVA was once known for.

22 Likes

Very nice! I’m giving most of the credit to @DFresh11 :wink: Talk to JWilly about making this a permanent position for you to land those North Eastern/New England city ballers.

18 Likes

I second this… free beer for @DFresh11 anytime I’m in a bar with him!

16 Likes
18 Likes

Does he tells @On3Recruits really mean he watched the commitment announcement on 247?

12 Likes

2024 five man lineup of McKneely, Gertrude, Bond, Traudt, and Buchanan. You got shooting, the ability to drive the lane, rim protection, switchability 1-4, and athleticism all over the place. The bench is Dunn, Murray, an athletic transfer big, and two first years (probably a true PG and another wing). Final Four team right there.

16 Likes

No yeah Tipton knows ahead of time so that he can make the edit. Also made the top 5 edit.

5 Likes

Only Positive, but… why does every other Tipton commitment edit get our Championship trophy, except for us lol

15 Likes

I know… it was just a joke… “tells me…” is in all his tweets…

1 Like

Not that you mention it, WTF is up with that lol.

1 Like

I know it’s kind of annoying, but does anyone have any players comparisons for Gertrude or maybe thoughts on his role for us that may be similar to past player(s)?

1 Like

He knows Gertrude will get the feeling of having his own trophy that these other kids won’t. Seems to be the only logical explanation.

11 Likes

This isn’t a time for jokes. Elijah Gertrude is a Hoo.

4 Likes

Jaden Ivey is a really good one that I’ve seen quite a bit.

8 Likes

Family. He gets it

11 Likes

We don’t have one. Which is what makes this really interesting.

@JoeBoxley mentioned Keon Johnson is he grows to 6’5, which is a good comparison (gertrude smoother jumper I think).

Edit: @UVApride7 and others as well mention Jaden Ivey which could be solid comps.

10 Likes
21 Likes
  1. Glad he’s a Hoo.
  2. No idea where the connection broke down but he (and any other kid that announces on 247) deserves better than that shit show.
8 Likes