Elite 8 poll - 23-24 preseason

Elite 8 poll time! Pick the 8 teams you think will be in this year’s Elite 8. Same concept as last year, so the rest of this is mostly cut and paste:

Vote for the 8 teams you think will be in this year’s elite 8. The 20 choices (max allowed in the poll format) are the top 19 in the preseason AP poll, plus an “other” choice (really hope we see lot’s of “other” votes here!). If you pick “other”, please declare who you have in mind. This poll will close Monday, Nov 6 at 12 noon eastern, before any relevant games tip-off.

If you like, go back and check how you did come this year’s Elite 8. I’m mostly curious to see how knowledgeable college hoops fans think the tourney is going to play out, as the season plays out, and in particular how results change as we get more info.

Elite 8 poll - preseason
  • Kansas
  • Duke
  • Purdue
  • MSU
  • Marquette
  • UConn
  • Houston
  • Creighton
  • Tenn
  • FAU
  • Zags
  • Arizona
  • Miami
  • Arkansas
  • A&M
  • Kentucky
  • SDSU
  • Texas
  • UNC
  • Other
0 voters

Other = Illinois (Hoos ride a 7-10 seed into the Sweet 16, but can’t get past that)

@UVApride7 Fudge, sorry, I corrected the Arizona typo and it threw out your votes. My bad

I feel gross that my non-consensus pick is UNC, but here we are. Maybe it will be different this time!

2 Likes

I put my picks in and I feel fine with them, but I’m thinking of reconsidering my approach. The obvious answer is going to be “which 8 teams would I be the most unhappy about making the elite 8?” Feel kind of dumb that wasn’t obvious from the start.

That’s why everyone’s voting for Creighton, right?

3 Likes

Other = Florida :eyes::crocodile:

1 Like

Wanted multiple others tbh. Don’t think the top of the sport is that good this year outside of Purdue and Duke. My actual vote would be kick out Kentucky and add UVA + Villanova if I could do two ‘others’

3 Likes

My Other is Virginia, I just have a feeling we will be peaking at tournament time this year

8 Likes

this is a silly exercise at this time of the year, so I’ll have a silly pick as one of my “others”. I actually don’t want Miami. My two others are Oregon and UNC-Wilmington. Given what we’ve seen in recent tournaments…why not?

1 Like

Yeah, I considered adding some other teams in the high teens, rather than the AP choices, but I decided not to put my thumb on the scale. Plus easier to just copy the format from last year (h/t to @jazznutUVA who helped me get the old format)

2 Likes

Other = Baylor

1 Like

Other = Hoo else?

3 Likes

Other= Hoos

1 Like

Other for me is Louisville.

6 Likes

Does Chris Beard take over midseason? :joy:

Just wait until the Payne train goes 0-20 in conference play but wins the ACCT. He’s playing the long game.

4 Likes

Other = Virginia. My mind’s telling me no, but my body…my body’s telling me yes!

6 Likes

Can you tell us how we did last year? That would be very interesting.

I did something small at the end of the year:

1 Like

Hoos. I’m a homer

2 Likes