1. Purdue
  2. Tenn
  3. Houston
  4. Bama
  5. Zona (9th in ours)
  6. UVa
  7. KSU (tied for 16th on ours)
  8. Kansas

Crazy how the trajectory of the Hoos even on a UVa board. But I have to admit I was caught up in the biased as well.

1 Like

Yeah, though to be fair we were 3-2 in conference during that last poll and by the time of this one had won 5 or 6 straight, depending when folks voted.

1 Like

Totally makes sense. But I had to laugh at myself when I was voting because of how drastically my outlook changed.

1 Like

Also, probably a minor point, but only 40 voters in that one vs. 68 in this one. I opened this one on Sunday evening, and left it open longer.

1 Like

So you’re telling me I cannot trust the integrity of the polling process? Got it

5 Likes

Pay no attention to my voter suppression efforts

6 Likes

Here ya go:

1 Like

Interesting. Very similar to Torvik and KenPom, but much lower on St Mary’s (16 vs. 6/7).

Fwiw, I will do a new poll this coming Sunday. Didn’t feel like doing it last night with the Super Bowl.

1 Like

Miami is hard to spell.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think we are playing closer to the predictive rankings than the polls. We feel consistently like the 15th best team. I’m fine with it - slightly exceeding pre-season expectations. I’d love to see a few things click and us take a leap (i.e., Shedrick giving us a good 20 minutes a night, etc.).

4 Likes

I’d just like to see UVA as a 3-seed instead of a 4 (or worse, I guess, but hope not). That’s a win to me.

I am not a credentialed bracketologist, but I think if we are outright ACC regular season champs then we’ll be no worse than a 3 seed. This is assuming nothing crazy happens like we lose 3 of our final 6 yet somehow still win it outright.

2 Likes