Elite 8 Poll - Nov 27

Elite 8 poll time! Pick the 8 teams you think will be in this year’s Elite 8. Same concept as always, so the rest of this is mostly cut and paste. Only variation is I usually start this over the weekend and close it before the new AP poll drops. This time, I’m doing it right after the poll.

Vote for the 8 teams you think will be in this year’s elite 8. The 20 choices (max allowed in the poll format) are the top 19 in the current AP poll, plus an “other” choice. If you pick “other”, please declare who you have in mind. This poll will close Wed., Nov 29 at 12 noon eastern.

If you like, go back and check how you did come this year’s Elite 8. I’m mostly curious to see how knowledgeable college hoops fans think the tourney is going to play out, as the season plays out, and in particular how results change as we get more info.

Last week’s poll linked here if you want to see results / how you voted:

Elite 8 poll - Nov 27
  • Purdue
  • Arizona
  • Marquette
  • UConn
  • Kansas
  • Houston
  • Duke
  • Miami
  • Baylor
  • Tenn
  • Zags
  • Kentucky
  • FAU
  • A&M
  • Creighton
  • Texas
  • UNC
  • Nova
  • BYU
  • Other
0 voters

Other = Illinois

Other is Colorado State.

3 Likes

@haney you ever look at whether there’s a good success rate with these? (for example, week X is the most accurate).

I don’t think we did it enough last year to be able to tell that, but I did some summarizing at the end of the year. will dig it up.

Here are the summary stats:

It looks like we sorta did best on Feb 19, but we only collectively got 2 right, and that’s if you include the “Other” votes. But I’m reading quickly, so may have missed. Also, we are a bit penned in by the AP vote by nature of how I pick the 20 candidates.

1 Like

Other is Hoos (hope springs eternal)

3 Likes

Only if we stop running B/M, right @HoozGotNext? :joy:

I still think this team has another gear, I just don’t have any clue if/when we will hit it.

2 Likes

Other is still my preseason pick…Florida :crocodile:

1 Like

Another day or so to vote in this, if you’re so inclined. Close race for #8

Thanks to all who voted!

Results:

1. Purdue - 88%
  2. (tie) Zona/Kansas - 83%
  3. (4)(tie) Marquette/UConn - 80%
  4. (6)Duke - 66%
  5. (7)Tenn - 45%
  6. (8) Kentucky - 38%

Compared to Preseason:

1. Kansas
  2. Duke
  3. Purdue
  4. Other
  5. UConn (#4)
  6. Tenn. (#5)
  7. Zags (#6)
  8. Houston (#7)
  9. Zona (#8)

Compared to AP:

1. Purdue
  2. Zona
  3. Marquette
  4. UConn
  5. Kansas
  6. Houston
  7. Duke
  8. Miami

LRA is pretty on point with AP, tbh, with the exception of Kentucky (we are higher) and Miami (we are lower). Once again, score one for LRA, given last night’s result.

2 Likes

Kinda surprised how low we are on Houston.

2 Likes

By “we” you mean “LRA voters AND AP” voters, right?

I guess by “we” I mean you all points at list of voters and their votes

1 Like

You’re an AP voter?

/eyes AdventiveQuasar skeptically

No real games of note yet. Good wins against Dayton and Utah, but not sure either of those are sure thing tourney teams. Kelvin seems to have taken a low key approach to the noncon given the entry into the Big 12