Fall recruiting thread

I’ll get invested when a visit is schedule. Until then nothing to see here, though Corey wouldn’t drop that unless it at least had some small buzz. Heck, getting a visit from a M Prep kid would be an accomplishment in itself

1 Like

They really seem to want to fill that last scholarship if they can find the right dude.

2 Likes

No info here but I could see UVA kicking the tires on this one. Davis had a big summer after committing super early. He’s from Lawrence Central of Kyle Guy fame, and was an AAU teammate of Caleb Furst so Bennett is definitely familiar.

ESPN 100 small forward D’Andre Davis announces he’s decommitting from Nebraska. https://t.co/EZ72yyRiWs

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) October 13, 2019
2 Likes

Moody update. He’s got two officials left after this weekends to Arkansas. Sounds like them and Michigan are the current favorites.

Needed to lock down one of those two remaining visits. Might aslo be best for us if he holds off til Spring. Or maybe we could do what Duke did to the field w Brakefield…

3 Likes

Now I do have some info. It doesn’t sound like UVA will be interested in D/Andre Davis.

Just my opinion, but I think Bennett is done with 2020 for this Fall and has been since Jaemyn Brakefield went south. I suspect this involvement with Moses Moody is just Williford doing his thing. On the long shot progress is made, maybe Bennett jumps in and it gets real. If not, no wasted time for the boss.

2 Likes

2021 DaRon Holmes has an official visit in the works. Here’s the full article from Revolution Hoops.

With the new changes to recruiting, juniors can now use 5 official visits, out of their total of 15. DaRon is planning on using all five this year, and at some point or another has already made plans to visit Texas Tech, Kansas, USC, and Virginia before the year is out.

2 Likes

Plus Moody might rock the Keels boat a bit?

2 Likes

Yeah you’re not getting Keels if they add another quality 2020 guard of any kind. Hard enough as is.

2 Likes

Correction: Coach Williford was in Florida tonight for Moses Moody. Got some bad info there.

Tony Bennett was in Richmond for Efton Reid, 2nd time he’s been there this Fall.

5 Likes

Will be interesting to see if an offer or scheduled visit comes out of the evening

3 Likes

I like Tony spending time on Efton.

3 Likes

Pair of assistants for Moody apparently.

Virginia is a new school in the recruitment of Top-40 senior Moses Moody, i’m told. Wasn’t included in his final list but will pursue him. Had two staff members in yesterday. Unsure if he will plan visit. https://t.co/3caxZQv2aW

— Jake (@jakeweingarten) October 16, 2019
3 Likes

From Moses Moody’s mom

4 Likes

Efton Reid article from the Kentucky Rivals site.

Q: Living in Richmond, and Virginia winning the National Championship and then recruiting and offering you, is that something you were excited about?

Reid: “Yes and no. I always like to see the home state win, and at the same time I’m happy to see Virginia win the National Championship. It was a really good moment for them how they lost to the sixteenth seed and came back the next year and won. It really shows resilience, basically. I was really happy to see that, because you never want to see a team struggle and struggle. You want to see them struggle and then win a National Championship, so that was really good.”

3 Likes

What’s your take on his answer? Not clear to me what he’s trying to say about uva.

3 Likes

lol Yeah he could have just said it was cool and stopped there. I’m just now reading the full Q&A. There’s not much in there that stands out to me. I do think this is the battle we’re dealing with though. He’s a maybe to the UKs of the world right now. Potential is there but he’ll need to back it up with production next summer to earn those type of offers. Until then they’ll keep nibbling and make it very hard for us to wrap it up early.

3 Likes

Yeah, was kind of a strange answer. My take is he was talking to a Kentucky guy and just wasn’t fully comfortable discussing his recruitment by another school.

2 Likes

21’ Peyton Watson update. Can’t recall if we’d heard his name much. That’s two west coast kids we’re working hard. Interesting

6 Likes

I’m a Jake Weingarten fan. He’s a teen reporter who often makes mistakes, gets details wrong. But he also delivers whatever the kids tell him unvarnished. That’s the first hint of any possible reclass with Peyton Watson.

If you scroll up through all the posts here, you’ll find Soderberg visited with Watson on his west coast trip.

2 Likes

No real details here and it’s not for lack of trying. Some rumblings this week that Virginia has climbed back into it with Carter Whitt. I’m not sure they were ever really out of it but things definitely got real quiet for the last several months.

Carter recently tripped to Florida, was at Ohio State in August, and took his only official so far to Boston College. He’s currently in the 2021 class but could choose to move up. He’s said he’ll make a decision on that next spring.

6 Likes