February 2023 - ACC Hoops

I think I’m ready to give up on UNC

1 Like

Told y’all Carolina Sucks

2 Likes

Am I the only one who clicks off when Joe Lunardi comes on? In a couple weeks, maybe I’ll be interested.

8 Likes

Why can’t we get the 2-15 Caleb Love/RJ Davis combo? And they keep on shooting. In the time it took me to type this, they’re now 3-18.

2 Likes

RJ Davis and Caleb love will shoot 12-16 from 3 against us. We know this.

More seriously, anyone on UNC we want? Maybe a Simeon WIlcher decommit to join his boy Gertrude and be our next pg? Drake Powell 2024 wing commit? They’ll beat us at UNC but no one on their current team that I really like individually

6 Likes

When i was on the Trey green train I saw a lot of Simeon welcher and that kid can play. Would be a stud

1 Like

Is he (Love) the most disappointing ACC recruit in recent memory?

2 Likes

Nah I don’t think he can be. Even with how much of an inefficient chucker he is, he’ll always be remembered for retiring K.

1 Like

Jeez Wake is imploding faster than us! David and Love will save Wake…now at a scorching 9-31.

1 Like

How far back is recent memory? Trevon Duval was the #6 overall prospect in 2017 and Matthew Hurt was #12 in 2019.

1 Like

Kind of fun stat from tonight.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Duke must have fouled a lot in the late 50s. They hadn’t perfected their flops yet.

4 Likes

So Pitt has the clearest path to the ACC title right now based off remaining schedule. Do we think they hang on and get at least a share? Or do they stumble a bit down the stretch due?

2 Likes

Torvik still has us as the strong favorite over Pitt. (Also the top 4 is separating a bit.)
2023-02-08 (2)

5 Likes

Carolina wasn’t good last year, either. But they got hot at the right time, and they had enough raw talent to make some noise. They still can this year, too. You don’t want to have to rely on Love, but if he’s on a roll, he can carry a team.

1 Like

Kenpom projects us winning the ACC by 2 games at 16-4 with Pitt, Clemson, Miami all at 14-6.

2 Likes

Last year they were a top 5 team for the last 20 games of the season (counting tournaments). If Carolina is going to match last year the turnaround will begin this weekend or next week . If they are still struggling 7 days from now you can stick a fork in em

1 Like

Warren Nolan’s RPI prediction is basically the same too

So outside of computer projections, how do y’all think Pitt and Clemson finish? Figure the computers would not have predicted either of those teams close to 10-3 so far. Just curious where y’all think they end up because I’m reasonable confident we will be either 15-5 or 16-4. Do we think Pitt or Clemson can get to 16-4? 15-5? Or do they lack the program consistency to win all the ‘should win’ games needed to get there?