Florida State game thread

Totally agree. He was getting into the paint at will down the stretch, and made the right decision pretty much everytime. His finishes against long defenders were so good, just picking the right move consistently. They pretty much didn’t run any motion at all, just high pick and roll over and over again, and really, the pick wasn’t doing much besides drawing the switch.

1 Like

Co-MVPs?

1 Like

These guys are growing up. Big win and they earned it. Great play down the stretch. Mamadi with a great game and Kehei WOW!

2 Likes

Did anyone notice how on the Kihei go ahead layup, Jay’s defender didn’t even think about helping? Kihei positioned Huff on the block and went right past his guy knowing he either had a layup or could dump it to Jay. Really cool play

3 Likes

Yea,Once he threw that alley oop to Jay it changed how they guarded his penetration

1 Like

W for the hoos

1 Like

kihei just got better and better as the game went on…impressive

6 Likes

Definitely not his best game stats wise but pretty impressive performance in PnR defense here by Jay

4 Likes

Was just about to post that myself! His hedging was excellent, especially in the 2nd half. His hedging led to several dribbles off the foot (that maybe should have been called backcourt violations) as well.

3 Likes

Jay’s made huge improvements with his agility. That’s what the coaches have wanted most from him. it keeps him on the floor. I’d like to see them find more way to involve him offensively but there’s no doubt he’s made strides.

5 Likes

They stayed big against a 4-out lineup in crunch time until the very last possession when they were going to switch everything. That’s huge. His offensive usage is going to be a little up-and-down because he needs someone to create shots for him. I would like to see more pick and pop though and other actions designed to open up 3s for him.

4 Likes

Jay had a big, tough rebound on that late miss by FSU too.

3 Likes

Congrats everyone. that was a huge win. Go Hoos

4 Likes

Totally agreed. I wish we tried to get him like 3-4 shots from deep per game.

I think the best possible version of this team has Jay playing 30+ minutes. In reality that isn’t always the case though.

2 Likes

Just finished watching the game on a recording, that was a really good win! I’ve been watching games feeling stressed out these past few weeks because I don’t have that confidence that I have had in years past. You know, that feeling that we will get a stop or we will find a good shot and grind them down. This game was different. I don’t know why, but I suspect the fact that Tomas makes me a little more confident lately! When we have a shooter that is shooting average or even above, it does so much for the rest of the team. I felt today was different, I felt we were going to be right in it to the end. I like that feeling. I think we have seen stretches of this, and if we make it consistent then I feel good about the rest of the year and definitely next year!

4 Likes
2 Likes

Braxton telling Mamadi he’s gonna get fined :laughing:

2 Likes

Too early to call Clemson a big game? It feels weird to say that.

2 Likes

His play on the defensive end has been outstanding. If you go back a couple of years or just to last year his defensive improvement has been astonishing to say the least. He needs some more lower body strength to become more effective offensively in the post. I believe it will come.Then he will be a monster …

2 Likes

Mamadi posted this on IG

7 Likes