Foods to Eat After a UVA Loss

Sorry, meant to put a ? There. Any recs?

If you can find the book usedā€¦ I recommend that you buyā€¦Serious Barbecue by Adam Perry Langā€¦itā€™s out of print so you might need to search a used bookstore or online somehowā€¦

then get both Bob Gibson booksā€¦both have great recipes for BBQ saucesā€¦

All of Raichlens books are great and he has one devoted to sauces as wellā€¦

2 Likes

https://www.cookstr.com/Pork-Recipes/Bone-in-Pork-Butt-with-Green-Apple-and-Crushed-Hot-Red-Pepper

2 Likes

Honey Hog

2 Likes

Awesome! I will check all that out!

1 Like

Appreciate the sauce recs @JumboHoo Iā€™m like you and make my sauces and have struggled to find a mustard based sauce that hits the spot. Smoked a pork butt for the Super Bowl and made super thick sweet heat Memphis style sauce on side that really nailed it. The sauce wad a welcome change from mu usual vinegar bad mop.

All the talk bout these fancy grills has me laughing. I have an old school Chargrill with an offset smoker box. Hoping to build a true fire pit this spring. Burn all wood and use q burn barrell to reduce to hot coals.

3 Likes

Rodney Scott has a how to section in his book on building a burn barrelā€¦ you should check it outā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s where I got my inspiration from. The actual pit is a design I got from Sean Brocks firsr cookbook.

Also Rodney Scottā€™s new location is about 2 miles from my house and his whole hog bba is unlike anything Iā€™ve had. Has a peppery savory flavor very good very different.

1 Like