Foods to Eat After a UVA Loss

Bellow is a list of many different foods to make after a UVA loss, with links to recipes that include ingredients and instructions.

Chick-Fil-A Copycat via Damn Delicious:
(https://damndelicious.net/2015/05/16/copycat-chick-fil-a-sandwich/)
Having personally made one of these. My goodness are they good.

Chicken Alfredo via Claire Nolan at Tasty
Easy Chicken Alfredo Penne Recipe
Chicken alfredo is a cheat code for family dinner, and yes, I’m biased because I love it.

Cheeseburger Pasta via Claire Nolan
One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
Claire is back at is with an odd but extremely delicious recipe. One of my personal favorites after a loss.

French Pepper Steak via Jordan Kenna
French Perpper Steak
This one is for you Bdragon, send me a pic if you make it. :slight_smile:

Copycat Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake Makes Pain Go Away
Here’s a delicious dessert to lift your mood.

Bourbon Old Fashioned via Liquor
Bourbon Old Fashioned
I can’t try this one so tell me if it’s good.

Clam Chowder

That picture looks good so I’m not gonna hyperlink that one.

French Toast via Robert Irvine

Perfect for tomorrow morning.

GIVE SOME SUGGESTIONS BELOW AND I MIGHT ADD THEM.

6 Likes

The drive through lines at Taco Bell, Cook Out and Raising Cains were out to the street after the Duke game.

3 Likes

I have been smoking ribs today, not technically AFTER the loss, but I started at noon. Here’s my recipe:

1: Get some good ribs, trim if necessary.
2: Two parts course pepper to one part salt, cover both sides. (Got this from Franklin BBQ book)
3: Smoke on a smoker at 275 for about 3 hours until it has a nice “crust”
4: Wrap in butcher paper after coating in a good BBQ sauce. (This is whatever you like and think is good)
5: Finish in oven for about 2-3 hours at 275. Then serve with some dipping sauces or not.

Having this tonight.

4 Likes

@chavlicek15 this is up your alley

1 Like

@chavlicek15 … and this

1 Like

I might have to try that out, it sounds absolutely delicious. Thanks for adding the recipe, I’ll be sure to keep it in my head.

2 Likes

Its great. I got the Franklin BBQ book for Father’s Day last year. Franklin is amazing, its a joint in Austin, TX, so good. He uses that 2/1 mix to start a lot of smoking. He recommends an offset wood smoker, but I don’t have time to watch something all day to make sure temps are good. I have a Traeger and it is phenomenal. Keeps temps constant. I use this sauce to finish in the oven, but sometimes I use a NC smoky sauce by this brand and I mix in a little honey. Salt Lick BBQ makes a decent sauce too. I have attempted brisket, but its hard to find good cuts of brisket here in Tucson for some reason. People seem to like the ribs so I just stick with it.

5 Likes

I’ve heard so many good things about the Traeger that I’m tempted to get one. Got to be a lot easier than my Weber Smokey.

2 Likes

Super easy, consistent temps. Some of them you can hook up to WiFi and check the temps and such. Mine is too far away from my WIFI source but I have never had issues if you keep the pellets filled up.

2 Likes

I could replace both the grill and the smoker with a Traeger, huh?

2 Likes

Franklins is how I learned to smoke brisket. Hia guide for trimming and prep is great.

1 Like

Amazing place, truly amazing. I’ve been to a few places in TX as I used to go to Austin every year for a conference. However, Franklins is the best, although the other places were also good. I love TX brisket. Franklins is just amazing. Chill place as well. I wish I could make
Brisket but whenever I try it is too tough. I think the cuts aren’t
Thick enough or something. I have tried 4-5 times and failed miserably. Smoking something for like 26 hours and having it suck is disappointing.

1 Like

Ah yea that’s the worst feeling every. Brisket is one cut it pays to go with quality and get the whole thing and trim it down. Then it’s super low and slow. I cook between 215 and 250 for 16 plus hrs using pecan and hiskory to burn.

I’ve never been to Franklin’s proper. Oddly never had the opportunity to go to Austin.

Even more random my favorite BBQ joint in the world is The Joint in Nola.

1 Like

6 Likes

That’s a sneaky good bottle

1 Like

With its ABV, there is nothing sneaky about it.

3 Likes

HooRick… you got good taste…I make a lot of my own BBQ sauces but have yet to find a good recipe for a mustard based one…the lillies is the best I have found in-store….it is awesome on smoked sausage…

2 Likes

Agreed…if you are going to smoke a brisket…find a good butcher and get the whole brisket…smoking brisket flats are fine but the cooks can be hit or miss…so long as you have the point that you can ale burnt ends from…all will be fine as that part is more forgiving if you over cook the flat…

2 Likes

If you want do all your cooks with that wood smoke flavor…then yeah you could go with just a Treager… but I dont see how I could put a sear on a nice Wagyu steak with a Traeger… I own a Big Green Egg and use that as my smoker and grill when I want to do a high temp sear…I also still use my gasser about 80% of the time…I could talk about more grills.,.but I might just go buy another one and then my wife would divorce me…

3 Likes

I appreciate it, I have tried a lot and I have to admit I probably don’t have access to a lot of good ones but they are great! Overcooked my ribs tonight, left them on too long while I watched hoos lose I think. Looks like you do some good work, any other sauces I could recommend.

1 Like