🍊 Forbidden fruit, a topic so controversial

The uniforms…

Sarcastic GIF

Seriously, though - I saw it mentioned several times on here that there may be a change to the mens basketball uniforms for the upcoming season - is there anyone in the know on this? If not the next season, how long must we suffer the blandness, the grotesque lack of orange, the Tech font? Dress nice play nice!

LRA “UNIFORMS ARE NOT A FUN TOPIC” HATERS UPON CLICKING ON MY THREAD
Monty Python Please GIF

9 Likes

My son would call them “mid” or “dog water”…can’t say I disagree. Would love to run the retro wahoops edit they put out a few years ago.

8 Likes

I like what the lacrosse team has been doing and playing a game in uniforms that are a homage to some past great team:

https://x.com/uvamenslax/status/1775914535150309690?s=46&t=wAzMZR-0PRGT1LpN6U5x0g

Maybe a Parkhill-era throwback to start, short shorts and high socks for the full look?

9 Likes

If we are debating unis already it’s gonna be a long summer

5 Likes

NOT

1 Like

Also bring back the rotunda on the back

8 Likes

This is the way - would love to see a play off of the Parkhill era uni, even as an alternate (but I know Bennett is allergic to alts)

1 Like

I know people will rightfully wanna go old school when we had the orange unis, but honestly just bring back these ones. They were GREAT and we were building a brand with them, then decided to just can them for some minimalist Nike bullshit.

12 Likes

Any jersey, even our current ugly ass white or blue hokie jersey’s, would look good if shot like the young Parkhill pic.

Stand the basketball player in the grass of an open field with the building they actually play in, in the background. Boom. Jerseys look great.

They’ll still look like shit during games of course.

I think we’re stuck with that mid VT font until someone rolls back the Nike rebrand, unfortunately.

Doesn’t mean the unis have to stay Penn State though.

On both fronts, consider my expectations very low.

2 Likes