Friday 3/19 March Madness Thread

Figured I would start a new thread to discuss today’s cornucopia of games. Let’s go Gators

1 Like

I’ve got the Hokies through to the Elite 8 in one of my brackets. Glutton for punishment.

I can’t ever root for the Hokies… but I have them in the elite 8

1 Like

Best of both worlds, right? If they win - at least your bracket is happy. If they lose - your bracket may suffer, but your heart will be lifted

1 Like

Florida is really poorly coached

1 Like

and Mike Brown is great coach

3 Likes

Best time of the year, right now.

I have the hokies winning but losing the next game. Also don’t get the Colgate over Arkansas pick. Arkansas has athletes. Which means Colgate wins by 40

2 Likes

They call it the emotional hedge. I always put $200 on VT in the Commonwealth Cup. Usually pays out, but that one time it didn’t, I really didn’t care.

2 Likes

Yeah, Colgate was one of the two or three teams I’ve been the most skeptical of. Sure, they posted good numbers even weighted for competition levels, but they literally played 13 of their 15 games against 3 teams: Army, Holy Cross and BU. That’s it.

Edit - Plus, of course, they’ve only played 15 games.

1 Like

Hokies are gonna cool off… but can Florida stop w/ the boneheaded turnovers?

1 Like

Colgate :eyes:

3 Likes

That 2 Assist/9 TO ratio isn’t going to get it done for the Gators.

1 Like

Drexel up 3-2 over Illinois. Maybe they can just stop the game right now?

Edit - 5-2! Extending the lead!

The title made everything better, but I’d be ok with no longer being the only victim of a 16-1 upset.

Edit2 - Well, it was fun while it lasted for Drexel. Colgate continuing to make me look bad, though.

1 Like

I bet Sam’s feelin pretty good right now lol

6 Likes

I pull for every ACC team come tourney time :man_shrugging:t2:… more W = more conference $

1 Like

I don’t agree with this. The ACC financially will be FINE. The only thing people remember are who wins and loses.

Update- I’m okay with rooting for anybody but dook, VaTech, and to a lesser extent FSU and Louisville.

I understand that. I just can’t pull for Duke or VPISU in anything. Just can’t make myself. Don’t hate Carolina like I used to. Still hate Maryland and hope they lose at everything.

7 Likes

Agreed i won’t pull for tech unc or duke

3 Likes

Castleton!!! Big Block!

2 Likes