General UVA Basketball Thread (December)

Win Shares per 40 min for the season so far

Rk Player WS/40
1 Tristan How 0.408
2 Kadin Shedrick 0.279
3 Francisco Caffaro 0.216
4 Jayden Gardner 0.21
5 Reece Beekman 0.193
6 Ryan Dunn 0.191
7 Kihei Clark 0.166
8 Ben Vander Plas 0.148
9 Armaan Franklin 0.143
10 Taine Murray 0.111
11 Isaac McKneely 0.069
12 Chase Coleman -0.032
1 Like

Play How and win more and let folks create more puns.

4 Likes

Face-mauling for the literal win.

She’s already commented and stated it was an oversight

2 Likes

Her tweet:

9 Likes

Brenna Greene - easy solution for you: drop your AP poll vote and vote only in the LRA Elite 8 poll, which has two significant advantages over the AP poll:

1. It has an actual guiding principle - predict the elite 8!
  2. The system will not let you accidentally leave off a team, since there are only 19 choices + other, and you have to pick exactly 8.

Vote here:

7 Likes

Fast forward to next Monday: “And UVA received one first place vote, from Brenna Greene.”

10 Likes

My man @haney with the best solution I’ve heard. Why continue participating in a flawed systems when LRA has the solution here and waiting?

6 Likes

Thanks. After I posted, I looked and saw she had us on her ballot every week before this one. That pretty much cinched it for me as an oversight. I probably should have checked before I posted. Good on Brenna for owning it.

5 Likes

It’s simple. Just look at your prior poll and move those that lost down a couple spots. This isn’t rocket surgery.

2 Likes

CTB coaching and J Willy clapping it up from the bench?

What’s weird is how someone falls off like that. I’d assume she’d start with last week’s bracket and make adjustments which seems less likely that someone would just get forgotten. I like the idea that she’s just going tabula rasa every week.

3 Likes

Great stuff here:

8 Likes

Saw that today is really really cool

5 Likes

Didn’t know Holland was sick. Hate to hear that

6 Likes

I’m familiar with the Westminster Canterbury facilities in Virginia. Memory Care is unfortunately the last stop for dementia patients-- meaning that the disease has progressed to the point that the family can no longer provide appropriate care for their loved one at home, even in an assisted living-type setting with simplified living arrangements and quickly available help. It’s very sad that great coaches like Dean Smith and Terry Holland, as well as all other people dealing with dementia, have ended up on this difficult road. Cancer in young people and dementia in the old are my two biggest wishes for a cure.

11 Likes

Amen

7 Likes

Temperature check: close ACC game, you’re at the under-4 media timeout, what are you picking as our closing lineup?

1 Like

Depends on the matchup, obviously, but generically – healthy Reece, i-Mac, RD, Bond who didn’t RS OR Traudt who didn’t RS, and Shedrick.

Ok, that’s a joke. Trying this earnestly:
PG - healthy Reece, or if not healthy, Kihei
SG - i-Mac
SF - Armaan
PF - BVP
Center - Kadin

Have to make some tough choices to bench my guy RD to get a bit more offense, and bench Jayden to get another three point threat in.

2 Likes

Ideally?
Reece, IMac, Dunn, Traudt, Shedrick.

Edit - actually changed my mind to Bond and not Dunn.

If no redshirts?
Reece, IMac, Dunn, BVP, Shed

3 Likes