Giant game vs Gonzaga

We are going to have to play at a lot higher level than we have been. That’s for damn sure

1 Like

We gunna come in fired up for gonzaga! But let’s beat W&M first

1 Like

Any word on when the Wake Forest game will be rescheduled?

W

1 Like

No. Seems unlikely No breaks in the schedule.

2 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if winning percent will play a role with teams playing different numbers of conference games.

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes

4 Likes

Zags were probably sleepwalking a bit in the final 20 minutes but all of their key guys played quite a bit in the game.

It was also interesting to see that Gonzaga went small to start that game with Kispert at the 4 and Nembhard sliding into the starting lineup. I’m pretty sure that’s also how they started the second half against Iowa. That lineup can be devastating offensively but I also think it will struggle defensively and on the glass.

Looking forward to seeing how our guys fare on Saturday and the chess match between Bennett and Few as it relates to matchups.

4 Likes

So an uneven amount of ACC games?

We should just play Wake twice in one day.

2 Likes

We should play them zero times and do a zoom based rock paper scissors best two of three between the head coaches for a 2-0 record. Who cares?

Basically the regular season means less than usual here. Assuming we have a tournament it’s all about getting teams in position to play well for six games in March or April or may or June.

Suddenly I’m less concerned about the USF loss.

I know William and Mary is playing Hofstra twice in a row and the big east might try to switch to that format as well. Get as many games in (for prep/development/tv revenue) while teams are in this momentary bubble when they travel for a game.

Momentary bubble…Life is going to be more normal faster than you think. These next 2 months might feel dark, but my personal judgement is that we are right at this moment just past the peak of case counts in the US. The vaccines work and they are safe and they will be distributed faster than media scaremongers would have you click to believe. By the end of February we could have 30%+ of the population vaccinated and that will do some crazy damage to what was previously an exponential function. The momentary bubble isn’t being able to travel, it’s not being able to travel. Book your late summer and next winter vacations now because I am warning you it’s going to get expensive later.

As far as basketball is concerned it will always take bureaucrats a little time to catch up to the reality on the ground but then again the money dictates they were going to (ie they are currently) put the show on even in the worst of times, so at least we know the show is only going to get better.

3 Likes
1 Like

Max short uva and the points

We win tomorrow

8 Likes

I will take all action

8 Likes

I hope you are right, my man.

Uva +7 is a good line for emotional hedging. If we do better than that I feel okay about it. If we do worse, I win money. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

3 Likes

I cant argue with that at all. I think we show up

3 Likes