🏀 GT at UVA, Sat, 9 Mar, 2000, ACCN

Three scenarios imo:

1. We look sharp on O and solid on D. Up 8-15 most of the game. second half run from GT and we win by 4-9.

2. Come out with energy on D but same offense. We maintain energy on defense and win a one or two point game under 50.

3. We struggle on offense and let it get in our heads and get unfocused on defense. We spiral. Mount a mini comeback but too little too late. Lose 9+

Seems like most of our games follow one of these molds.

I’d love to see someone go off like Richard Morgan vs UNC in ‘89. Whatever this current team is - overly deliberate, hesitant to shoot, whatever - Richard was the opposite of that. I think he resolved to get a shot off within 5 seconds of UVA taking possession every time. I’m just wishing to see this group one time look like they can have fun on the offensive end and play with freedom.

2 Likes

Hoos breakout for Senior Day.

UVA 72 GT 56

9 Likes

Richard Morgan…39 points vs UNC including a fast break 3 from just across halfcourt & a 3 falling out of bounds

Dean Smith drove back to Chapel Hill that night & was clocked at 75+ I believe in Amherst Co. Speed limit was likely 55. Land speed record

3 Likes

I’m predicting a slow start. Too many days off between games.

But…… we will win and it won’t be pretty. Elijah won’t play much, Rohde will play too much, the offense will struggle to execute the “picket fence” play from Hoosiers, and we will all be talking about the same shit until the ACC tournament starts. Sound about right?

9 Likes

Prolly get caught watching the paint dry

4 Likes

That feels like an eerily on point prediction. A weeklong break at this point of the season is ridiculous

1 Like

Posting this photo from the game in Atlanta for MOOD. This is taken after iMac hits the 3 to put the game away. Hope to see fans in orange with hands raised in exultation often tomorrow night.

Go HOOS. Play Free and Have fun. Start Eli. Beat GT.

10 Likes

GT1 was the rare game where our helter skelter defense leading to transition opportunities, that was promising in the noncon, showed up in ACC play

1 Like

I will be missing tomorrow night’s game to watch a dance performance. Please respect my decision.

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

(Sorry, that’s my Rohde moving without the ball gif)

3 Likes

Gameday Mfers!

Hoos -7.5.

4 Likes

Lame. I thought @WFS_HOO had lame excuses

1 Like

He skipped a game to play in the snow. I’m a patron of the arts. No comparison.

3 Likes

I can respect it. If some of the dancers are named Cinnamon or Peaches.

9 Likes

Celebrate Make It Rain GIF by Bud Light

(Joking…)

4 Likes

This is acceptable if you are glued to your phone DURING the performance and are chastised for your behavior by other attendees.

In lieu of Haney’s absence, and Reece’s Sr. Night, I need to bring out the big gun for this game….

Yes that’s right- it’s a Ron Popeil “Set-It-And-Forget-It” from 20 years ago - still going strong. Doing a Pork Roast with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes for good luck. Let’s send Reece out on a good note!

8 Likes

Bettors liked that line too much. -8.5 now mostly, -9 at least one place.

Wow I forgot those existed. You can keep the rotted cabbage but the roast will be amazing

3 Likes

When was the last true ‘must win’ of the regular season under Tony. I know everyone said BC but it we had of lost we still had Duke (lol)

1 Like

Little know fact is that Hav is also an cabinet maker and woodworking afficionado

Low key flex Hav. Well done

1 Like