Harold Deane Jr Thread (1993 - 1997)

I completely forgot I was going to try to make a thread of an old UVA player Ive heard about but am unfamiliar with like every other week over the summer.

@Richan34 found this article and posted it on another site and it reminded me about this project. Think this is going to be a good starting point for me.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Young fella was tough Af!

1 Like

Perhaps Harold’s greatest attribute was his penchant for getting fouled.

Over the past 3 decades, he ranks 16th in the ACC for free throw attempts (Stith is #3): Men's Atlantic Coast Conference Career Leaders and Records for Free Throw Attempts | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

That’s helpful because his 2-point field goal percentage was not particularly good. When he used to drive toward the hoop, I crossed my fingers for a foul to be called because it wasn’t particularly likely that he would make the shot otherwise: Harold Deane College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

2 Likes

I told yall UVa basketball waa the best in the 90s! Man I love Curt. Wish I played with him

2 Likes

699 Free throw attempts dear god. I feel like we have averaged 30 free throws a season the last 4 years.

3 Likes

Thank you for your unbiased opinion fresh.

5 Likes

I saw dates next to the name and thought he died or something. Then realized the years were all wrong and that was his years playing. My bad.

9 Likes

Deane is my second favorite Hoo basketball player behind Stith.

Loved that 95 team.

Great uniforms.

I worked with someone who had the misfortune of living in the dorm room below Harold as a first year. They said there was always something bouncing in there and it wasn’t always a basketball.

8 Likes

Hahahahahahah. Proly workin on his verticals!

Solid list there

1 Like

My guy @DFresh11 hit up the Gap for that blk sweater or what?

Man you nailed it Dragon!

1 Like

haha game recognize game.

Also few things say 90s as much as the double breasted suit.

1 Like

And always atleast 2 shirts underneath hahahha

1 Like

Hahah you know it! These young kats don’t know bout that life. You pull off like 2 layers and you were ready to hoop. Dressed for every occasion.

2 Likes

And British Knights. The official 90s shoe of lookin’ fly but ready to dunk on a fool at a moments notice.

3 Likes

Stop! British Knights time:

3 Likes

Finally we all agree that the 90s was THE era!

3 Likes
2 Likes