Holy crap, K retiring

Depends if keep finishing aroun .500 may have to pull the trigger on a new arena to jumpstart things

2 Likes

Think it’ll be kore KU in rhe Big 12 like.

If Duke was smart they would hire Jay Willy…

1 Like

I dont want to have to root against Jay

4 Likes

I hope the rest of the ACC is that good.

Great point

1 Like

Hard pass.

2 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Fair question. I just don’t think he’s a great fit for our team. To that end, anyone who picks Puke over the Hoos is culturally suspect to me. Not because I dislike Puke in general; but because the reasons for picking Puke – many of which are very legit – also are reasons why the player likely would not be a good fit at UVA.

Let me be super clear: I wish Mr. Keels success at Puke, except on days when his team plays UVA. But should he ultimately decide to transfer – which I doubt will occur because staying or the NBA seem much more likely – I’d prefer he transferred somewhere other than UVA. Not so secret reality is that he likely would share this view, as foretold by his choice of Puke over UVA in the first place.

2 Likes

What a sad day this is

1 Like

Doubt this part is true. Reports were that J Willy and Tony were his favorite coaches but his dad favored Duke because he thinks Trevor is OAD. If that doesn’t work out I’d bet we are the favorites to land him on the rebound.

1 Like

Well, that’s very interesting. I happily defer to your better understanding of the situation – and I’m willing to moderate my skepticism as a result. Thanks, amigo.

Kind of funny how Tony is becoming one of the “senior” coaches in the ACC. He’s about 11 months older than rookie Hubert Davis.

3 Likes

Scheyer officially to be head coach after K retires.

No idea if he is a good coach or not. From far seems a strange successor to me

1 Like

I find it pretty much impossible to evaluate the assistant coach promotion situations, especially at the power schools, before any games are played. Sometimes it goes very well (like for TB at Washington St), sometimes it goes awfully, and I have no idea how to predict which way it will go.

4 Likes

Crap shoot. back in the day dudes were born to be coaches like Jeff Jones. Who knows now

2 Likes

Its a tough act to be the guy following the guy especially when its such a big name. I can’t really think of time it went well. Best I can think of it the Wisconsin line of succession DB Ryan now Gard but none of them left the footprint K will leave.

4 Likes

Hope they consulted Lebron on the hiring

1 Like

Starsia—>Tiffany

6 Likes