Hoo is the MVP of the Defense so far

Virginia’s Defense has talent at all 3 levels and are averaging 18 points allowed per game and 263.8 ypg allowed. Due to the abnormality of UVA’s football schedule this year, those 4 games haven’t been easy. The new ACC Network dealt Virginia an opening night road game against Pitt and a Week 3 primetime matchup against Florida State…which is never easy. In state foes W&M and ODU offered challenges in their own right and here we are averaging 18 points allowed per game and sittinga at a perfect 4-0 heading into a massive showdown against an offense that hasn’t excelled this year but has tons of potential.

WHO IS THE MVP of the UVA DEFENSE so far?

Zane Zandier
29 tackles
2 sacks
1 INT TD

Joey Blount
25 tackles
2 sacks
1 INT

Jordan Mack
29 tackles
5 sacks

Charles Snowden
28 tackles
3 sacks
2 PD

someone else?

It’s a close race so far. Hoo would you take and why?

2 Likes

Jordan Mack. 5 sacks

1 Like

Charles Snowden. He’s come up big in big time moments so far. A very close race though.

3 Likes

That’s a very close call. All 4 should be All ACC. For now Snowden gets the edge because of his play against ODU.He had the coming out party ive been waiting on and we dont win that game without him.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the question read, which hoo besides Bryce Hall …

I have no idea of his stats, but he does a good if not excellent job in run support, and once beat against FSU he did give up a 15 yard penalty (instead of a TD)

3 Likes

Zandier is the steady presence in the middle. Seems like he’s in on every run and making things happen all the time. All are studs but he’s been the heartbeat of the D this season.

5 Likes

I’m going with Zane but it’s very close. Without the pick six against ODU I’m not sure we pull that one off.

3 Likes