Hoos Going Pro 2022-23 NBA Season

I think you’re right about guys falling in one of two schools of bland or over exposed in a way that is very contrived. The modern athlete is hyper aware and self conscious. The beauty of a Ricky is he didn’t care what you thought.

That is an interesting take on Dre. Looking at his stats he’s averaged 4.1rpg. That number should be a tick higher most likely especially if he’s slotting in at the 4 a lot. But there could be an argument made that his opportunities are limited with Collins and Capela on the floor at the same time. I don’t know the advanced metrics around that.

I think the final sentiment is the most important part, to max out his full potential and his role, Dre needs to master all the little things and do them at an A+ level.

3 Likes

Slight disagreement there. I like Ricky. I miss stolen bases and good sports characters but IMO, anyone that talks that much and that often about themselves, cares very much what you think about them.

6 Likes

That’s true, but he had less of an ego about his game, which is what I liked about him. He had no interest in retiring, or doing a one game stint with the A’s for his legacy. He was still playing with the Newark Bears for a year, because he could still play with them. There was something sort of pure in that I respected. A lot of people talk about love of the game, but it seemed legit for Ricky.

2 Likes

True, we can go into a deep dive on character makeup. But to @haney point I also think there was a pure part to Ricky or maybe it was he was so wrapped up in his identity as a baseball player that he couldn’t let go. Many of us suffer from the fear of not being “enough” so we come of up with personas, ideas, coping mechanisms. But my point was I think there’s a difference between Ricky’s behavior and a Dennis Rodman for instance. Where the behavior is a cry for attention as a mean to make up for something else.

(that’ll be $175 for the session)

3 Likes

I think you’re right it had to do with a bonus or a big moment I don’t recall which.

I know some of you want to relitigate the 21-22 roster arguments, but the real ones want to relitigate the 16-17 wing arguments (Hall v Shayok v Thompson). We narrowly missed a EuroLeague showdown, however as Marial just got signed by the Celtics, but likely on his way to Maine.

Darius playing for Cazoo Baskonia

Devon playing for Milano

(and not involved in the argument, but Tobey playing for Barca, also in the EuroLeague)

9 Likes

Even after all these years they still can’t separate from each other!

4 Likes
8 Likes

From the UVA instagram page. I think they hired that hawkedits kid.

17 Likes

He is the son of good friend from my UVa days. Cool stuff

5 Likes

Saw that on Twitter. That is a fantastic graphic. I’d buy that as a poster, no joke.

8 Likes

Am sure we can find him and get it printed. @Benrekosh made a couple things for me that were great

3 Likes

better graphic than most of the pros. Would be interesting to see recruiting ranking and guaranteed $ added to that

3 Likes

I legit did not know Braxton had a 2-way with Detroit. That’s awesome. Always felt he was criminally underrated as a Hoo and that broken wrist ruined what could have been a big breakout.

11 Likes

Angel Dre
angel dre

9 Likes

Plus Covid really put the kabash on that 2020 season too early, in which *nobody probably wanted to play us going into the NCAA tournament.

5 Likes

Where is all the Kyle Guy videos and stats. Haven’t heard anything lately. I bet he’s punting the shit out of that ball

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/gomezmario7/status/1581676344588480513?t=qLY5bbuGiWA1ceLTqEG57Q&s=19

6 Likes

Thanks @blguthrie, I dont understand half of that

1 Like

9 Likes