Hoos in the NBA Bubble - Seeding Games Thread

Bubble hero I heard someone call him. He and Michael Porter are the story down there. All of a sudden that dude looks like everything people expected him to be circa 2017.

4 Likes

He’s been ridiculous. A lot of it has to do with Sabonis being out. Before, they ran a ton of dhos with Brogdon-Sabonis along with ball screens but now they’re running a much more open offense with Warren at the four and he has feasted on increased usage.

Big win for the Pacers tonight over the Lakers. Brogdon finished with 25,6, and 5 on 8-13 shooting and 4-6 from three (woulda been 4-5 if he hadn’t chucked up a prayer at the end of the third).

He’s averaging 20.3 PPG, 6.5 apg, and 5.5 rpg in the bubble. Shooting 45.8% from the floor and 40% from three.

7 Likes

Porter looka like a stud. Went from 7 a game to 26. Happy for him after all hes been through

2 Likes

Suns wanted to clear space to bring in guys like Rubio/Baynes and open PT for Oubre.

In the abstract it made sense, but also attaching pick 32 to get off a reasonable contract was awful asset management.

Phoenix actually looks like they’re doing some good things with their younger guys, Ayton and Bridges are starting to look like quality NBA starters.

1 Like

Great points. On the court the Suns are developing for sure and the have some good pieces.

All of which adds to me wondering how does Ty fit in?

1 Like

As y’all have said, they have a very complete roster when fully healthy. Rubio as the starting pg is solid esp with Booker in the same backcourt. They’ve got a number of high caliber wings including Bridges and Oubre with Cam Johnson as a developmental piece who adds depth. Saric is a solid, more traditional power forward who can also shoot the ball relatively well. Ayton is obviously an essential building block. Then they’ve got both Aaron Baynes (whos hurt rn) and Kaminsky as frontcourt depth.

Which brings me to backup pg. it’s really the only position they don’t have a good answer for the foreseeable future. Ty, Cam Payne, and Jevon Carter have all had opportunities to seize the role, and, right now, Payne seems to be pulling away. Then, unfortunately, the remaining backcourt bench minutes go to Carter really because he’s more valuable on the defensive end than ty is, and he can still knock down an open three.

That said as we all know ty probably has the highest ceiling of the three of them, and he does have the longest contract (Payne and Carter are both signed thru ‘21 while ty is signed thru ‘23).

Carter and Payne are both more experienced, so I’d chalk Ty’s lack of minutes up to him still being a rookie and trying to find his groove. Next year will
be critical though

6 Likes

Warren has also gone from a minus on defense to probably a slight plus this season, and has been more willing to let it fly from 3 in the bubble. That being said, even without projecting this explosion, that move looks bad from a process standpoint for Phoenix. Warren fits so well around ball-dominant guards/wings, since he is an excellent cutter and general off-ball mover, who also can create some for himself.

2 Likes

Joe Harris outscorring the entire clippers 10-8am early in this game. 4/4 from the field

Joe Harris >>>> Kawhi Leonard

3 Likes

Joe’s gonna get himself a nice bag this summer. He’s turned into a quality NBA player and fits on any roster

2 Likes

Brooklyn have his bird rights, so he’ll likely be back next year with that bag in hand. Nets could be absolutely ridiculous next season

3 Likes
5 Likes

He has 16 points in 7 minutes lmao

2 Likes

Joe putting on a clinic tonight. Up to 21 on 8 for 10 shooting.

5 Likes

I hope Joe fucks around and gets 40.

8 Likes

Devon Hall getting some good run. Seems like the bench is going to play a lot this game.

1 Like

JA got the start for the Nets against the Magic. Wit five minutes left in the half he’s got 2,2,2 on 1-7 shooting (0-5 from three).

2 Likes

They’re resting Joe today. Nets still killing the magic 47-29

2 Likes

Ouch hopefully JA finds that stroke in the second half.

1 Like

Yikes, rough performance shooting with 1-15 and 0-12 from range.

Ties the NBA record for most 3 attempts without a make.

I do admire the confidence though. Just not his day. When his shooting goes cold he has to show the other ways he impacts the game, which he does through his defense, shotblocking, and energy

1 Like